Chapter 1-My big day

Tomorrow was the day! The day that would decide my fate. My name is Alina Aegus. I am the princess and heir to the throne of the kingdom of Zeus. It was the very thing I'd been working for since I was in diapers. I was princess material, beautiful,smart, a good leader,responsible, all that stuff. But in Olympus, before an heir can rule any of the twelve kingdoms,well, the heir had to host the right god.

The twelve kingdoms in question are named after and supervised by, big suprise, the twelve Olympians.

Zeus
Hera
Posiedon
Apollo
Artemis
Athena
Aphrodite
Hades
Ares
Dionysus
Hephaestus and
Hermes

Each kingdom is named after its patron god and all its citizens host the said patron. Take me for example, I was to rule and I would be expected to get him as my host tomorrow night. I was so nervous as I lay in bed. Then there was a bright flash of light in my room and the words

You asleep yet?

appeared in bright gold letters.

"No, you can come in Jason" The words had barely left my mouth when he appeared next to me and I sat up. Jason was a prince of Hermes. He had his hosting ceremony two years ago and he was hosting his patron.

He wouldn't get to rule however, his older brother would be king. We had known each other even before we could talk. He was my best and only friend, the only one I've ever needed.

"You should really give me more of a heads up next time. Mum says a princess should never be seen without makeup" I giggled.

"You look beautiful either way" he whispered and brushed a stray strand of hair from my face.

It was real cheesy stuff but I was blushing like an idiot nonetheless.
"I.. err..well..you too. Not that you look good without make up I mean you totally would if princes wore.."
Real smooth Alina.

He laughed. " Wanna go for a fly?"
Since he started hosting the god of messages,thieves,trade and the bringer of dreams and he discovered he could fly, we've been ...well flying.

He took my hand and pulled me out my window and off we went. Since Hermes was also the god of speed sometimes we would zip around really fast, to pump up some adrenaline.

To be honest, anything I did that involved Jason always got my adrenaline going.

I looked down and I could see three of the twelve kingdoms. I could also see the dark expanse of land we called the minority.

I never knew why we called it that, mum said it was a study for after I became crown princess.

Jason returned me to my room and we just sat and talked.

"What if tomorrow doesn't go very well?" I asked with worry
"You'll be fine as long as you host an Olympian...preferably Zeus" he chuckled "What's the worst that can happen?"

"You won't be disappointed with whatever happens?"
"You're my betrothed princess. I'm not going anywhere." He said as he tucked me in. "See you tomorrow princess. Sweet dreams"

He whooshed out the window and I fell asleep with a big smile on my face.

Tomorrow would go perfectly...
I would host Zeus and Jason and I will rule the kingdom together. I'll have my happily ever after .

Right?