Chapter 10

The two men stood less than half a foot apart. Overconfidence from one man, and rage from the other - those were the primal aurae one could gather by standing in their vicinity.

Father started the attack with a solid punch to Jellal's cheek, which he took without bothering to dodge. Jellal returned the attack with a powerful punch to Father's gut with his middle finger's knuckle stretched out, which deepened the impact of the punch.

The two men instantly jumped back and Father initiated the attack yet again. He stretched his right arm out and grabbed Jellal's neck tightly. He lifted him off his feet and Jellal began to kick his legs in desperation.

A second later, Jellal mirrored him and stretched his arm as well. Father expected a Dark Grab and clouded himself with a magic barrier, but to his surprise, Jellal used Thought Projection and replaced himself with Siegrain, rendering the capture useless and stabbed Father's spine with a nearby sharp rock.

To his surprise, the man vanished and a fist slammed itself onto Jellal's cheek, sending him scurrying across the spiky floor, cutting his skin without remorse.

"You are not the only one who can use Thought Projection, boy", he snickered and took a fighting stance.

Jellal got up and took the posture of Grand Chariot. Father was not bothered by it and patiently waited for his chant to finish. All seven meteors charged through the roof and slammed themselves onto Father who kept his ground like a diamond statue.

Perhaps his skin was cut by one of the meteors as his forehead was bleeding. But that was all. There was no other sign of damage on him. Father closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.

Jellal's dispersed magic began to glow and aligned itself around Father's body and his skin began to absorb the magic. Before Jellal could put two and two together, the miniscule wound on his forehead had already healed.

"Thank you for healing me, little one. I appreciate it", he grinned before charging at Jellal yet again. Since Jellal was back to square one, Father was able to move at his best speed, and within the blink of an eye, Jellal was within his arm's reach.

Once again, Jellal blocked the punch, but his back was against the wall due to the sheer force of the punch.

"If you are going to absorb it, I am just going to have to cross your limit!", Jellal snapped and took the stance of Grand Chariot once again, this time focusing more on the strength.

The other man was amused at that point and could not bother to move an inch. The meteor rocks once again impacted against his tough skin and broke it, bit it did not seem to do any significant damage.

Not having given up, Jellal continued the attack with Sema and silently signalled Erza to run away. The woman could not move at the point. Her legs were already numb, amd trying her hard to heed her husband's advice, she grabbed on to the wall and treaded away as fast she could, but she was not fast enough.

Sema's heavy impact released a massive smoke bomb due to the prevalent dust, and fearing the worst, Erza cupped her mouth, at least trying to avoid revealing her location and making things harder for her husband.

The smoke started to clear out, but it did not seem like Jellal was done with his assault. Erza observed him use different combinations of his spells and enforce his magic onto Father, but was wondering why.