Suspicion

Ever since that day, Evelyn used black magic on those who tried to tear her down. Collecting hearts and souls made her feel powerful, and documenting everything in her journal was the only thing that made a smile appear on her pale face. This became a routine. Every time another student disappeared, the blame was pointed towards Evelyn. She was always quick to deny, though. She claimed that it could have been anyone, or anything that caused the students to leave. "If only they knew," the small voice in her mind would say. "What would they think of you?" Her response was always the same. "If they did just so happen to find out, and I were frowned upon," she replied. "They will just have to become a part of my collection. It could always use new members." Nobody knew of her collection, though. The only ones aware were herself, her journal, the bag itself, and the victims who are forced to stay itself side of the bag, and are never able to escape. Every time a new heart and soul are added to the bag, it grows. People grew more and more suspicious as time went on. Whenever she walked past people, she would hear them whisper, "I heard she was and demon," or "I wouldn't stand so close to her if I were you."