1) Fresh new start?

Slowly shutting the door behind my father as he heaved the remaining packed boxes from the hallway he sighed.

"Rebecca is this really a good idea?"

I wanted to literally pull my hair out we had been over this a thousand times.

"Dad I'm literally confused as to why you keep repeating the same damn thing, I'm moving in with Lauren what is the problem?"

"I don't think you're ready!" My father slowly walked towards me and cupped my face "and your mother isn't exactly fond of the idea either"

"Mom's always fucking complaining" I muttered removing my dad's hands from my face "and quite frankly so are you"

"watch your tone!" my father shouted.
"Forget it, it's your decision"

He slowly edged his way to the living room; sitting down on the couch.

"Erm so where is Lauren?"

"She's just stepped out quick"

I made my way over to the opposite couch and switched on the TV. The loud cheers of the rugby match echoed through the apartment as my father stared intently at the scoreboard and murmured a string of curse words.

After watching the rugby for a good hour my dad stood up brushing him self off.

"Where's the toilet?"

"Straight down the hall, the door on the left" I walked down the hall as he merely followed stepping into the bathroom.

A ringing sound initaited though the apartment I quickly ran down the hall grasping my phone, but it wasn't mine. My dad's coat pocket vibrated I grabbed the phone as a unknown number popped across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered

"Michael" a husky voice sneered on the other side of the line
"Back from Hawaii, but you see I still need my fucking money Mike"

And with that the line cut leaving me bewildered.

I fell back onto the couch racking my head for answers, what exactly was that about? My dad exited the bathroom making his way over to me. I handed him his phone his brow furrowed in curiosity "It rang" I answered watching him nod his head scarcely

"Mom?"

"No" I began "Completly opposite-"

The key turned in the door and Lauren sauntered in squealing
"Becks, you're here!, how do you like it?" She gestured to the apartment, pulling me into a tight hug.

"It's great, thanks for letting me stay"

"It's nothing seriously."

Lauren glanced over at my father.
"Mr Cronshaw, how are you?"
she asked temporaily debating whether to shake his hand or not then eventually giving him a big hug.

"Fine, as long as you're okay with Rebecca staying?"

I inwardly groaned. "stop it" my dad trudged towards the door, shoving his coat on.
"Sweetheart don't worry once you get you're priorities straight you'll be back home" he whispered "Where you belong"

"To be honest dad fuck off, when you get your priorities straight you won't be owing strange men money"

My dad's face scrunched up in a bloodcurdling glare. He watched me with deep intent as his breath became heavier and ragged.

"What?" He scowled, his forehead descending into a outbreak of wrinkles.

"Never mind it's stu--"

Before I knew it my arms were pinned down to my side as my dad gawked at me with a ghastly grin.

"Little girls who talk about things they don't know about get in trouble, never heard of curiosity killed the cat"

"Get off me"

my dads grip tightened around my arms as he took in a sharp intake of breath.
"You're hurting me, get off!" I breathed out.
My dad retracted back snatching his hands away from mine.

"Rebecca, I think it's time for me to leave"

"Bye" I uttered holding the door open as he pressed a light kiss on my forehead and disappeared down the dark and eerie staircase.

------------------------------

Next chapter?

Vote and comment and I'll post the next chapter.