April

My heart is throbbing against the cage of my chest. I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples. I clenched my fists tightly as I bit my lower lip.

"I can do this." I whispered to myself a hundred times over. I continued walking at the hallway. Some would greet me but I wouldn't dare greeting them back.

I continued making my way cautiously, not minding other people.

The hallway halted and the garden appeared.

From there, I saw my friend. He was just wearing a blue polo shirt and black pants, yet I still find him captivating. Like he's using some kind of witchcraft on me or something.

"Hey" He greeted with a smile the moment he saw me. I greeted him too, trying my best not to stutter.

He's smiling at me from ear to ear. "So, what do want to talk about?" He asked and let out a chuckle which sent shivers down to my spine.

I feel like my eyes were already drawn to him. I smiled but it didn't reach my eyes.

I became uneasy all of a sudden. 

"I like you." I said softly.

His eyes flew wide open.

For a moment, he just stared at me, trying to read my expression. His reaction made my heart thumped more crazily.

I smiled bitterly when I saw uncertainty in his eyes.

Five seconds passed, and then ten, and then twenty.

"April Fools!"

I chuckled and then let out a laugh before walking away from him. His expression changed then laugh with me after.

"Yah, don't joke with me like that!" He shouted while grinning.

I turned my gaze on his direction before making a face. He laughed with my reaction as he shook his head.

After that, I turned around from him, away from everything else.

'April Fools' The phrase to use after making a prank or a joke.

But who am I kidding?

Today is the day.

If you confess and he accepts then great. But if not, just say 'April Fools.'