Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - The Campfire Daze

(Written in italics for representing memories and the past)

We just got back from having a blast at the beach and swimming around in the water. It may have been cold, but it was refreshing after staying in a Hummer for three days, even with bathroom breaks.

Anyways, the guys understood that Evie had a rough last and didn't want to put Evie on the spot; like they did to me....

Tyler and I started the campfire while Jaime and Evie began talking about stuff. Before I knew it, Jaime took Evie to his motorcycle and unhooked it.
She had the brightest smile on her face as Jaime rolled it of of the ramp/trailer thing. Evie immediately started it up, making the loud engine roar through the quietness of the woods and valleys.

All of us clapped and she turned off he engine, putting up the kickstand on the bike itself. She took one last look at it and skipped towards Tyler and I. "I'm happy now."

"You were only on there for 45 seconds!" Tyler said, raising up his arms.

"Okay, you guys want to hear a story?" She asked, patting around the campfire as the stars lit up the sky.

"Sure!" We all said and she began to tell.

"When I was really young, my father would always be working on older motorcycle models to restore and fix them up for people."

I skipped out from the house, with mommy telling me to tell daddy that dinner was ready to be eaten. I saw that daddy was working on his new project; old Harley Davidson.
I went beside daddy and poked the side of his leg, making him smile.

"What is it, baby?" He asked, looking at me.

"Mommy says dinners ready."

"Okay," Daddy said, putting down in working gloves and he started to show me parts to the engine. "Let daddy show you something first before dinner."

"Ever since then, I've been obsessed with Harley Davidson bikes and Jaime's bike was the model my dad was working on, the last one too..." Evie finished.

"How old were you then?" I asked, looking a her distinctly.

"Oh," she sighed and looked at the fire. "Probably when I was 4?" She guessed. "Yeah, I was 4." She confirmed.

Everybody nodded and looked at the fire, looking at it like it was the best thing in the whole world; we were that quiet and awkward.

Once the clock struck 11pm, everybody was tired and ready for bed. I tiredly walked to Evie and I's shared tent. She followed close behind and we both walked into the tent together.
Evie belly flopped onto her sleeping bag and curled up into a ball underneath the multiple blankets covering the sleeping bags. I did the exact same thing and curled up under the blankets as well.

"Good night, Evie." I mumbled.

"Good night, Christofer." She mumbled.

"Good night, Christofer and Evie!" Jaime yelled to us.

"Good night, Jaime!" We shout back.

"Good night, Christofer and Evie!" Tyler yelled to us.

"Good night, Tyler!" We shout back.

"GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!" We all shout, making us laugh like madmen.

"You guys are awesome." Evie mumbled, making me chuckle.

"We know!" Tyler, Jaime, and I said all at the same time.

A/N: Do you have friends like this? Comment below and tell me what you and your besties do that's awesome like this.

xxoo casey💋