eight

Liam’s POV.

I sighed softly to myself as I listened to the boys talk about some random person that they all knew and wanted to get together with. I have no interest in this topic so I simply cuddled closer to Louis chest and shut my eyes.

I was still lying with my top half rested against Louis chest and my feet propped up on Zayn’s lap. As much as I didn’t want to admit it, it was a very soothing position and I maybe liked it a bit too much. I mean, I couldn’t really help it, Louis stroking my hair with one of his hands while the other ones rubbing calm circles on my back, and then Zayn’s down there mindlessly massaging my calves. Plus, they’re so warm! It’s ridiculous; I’ve never felt this type of heat and comfort in my life. It’s like all these boys are just randomly blessed with the gift of always radiating heat.

I know I probably sound so stupid. I mean, I shouldn’t be like this. I shouldn’t enjoy them being so gentle and comforting to me. I’m a street rat. I steal the things that belong to people like them. I don’t mingle with them, and I definitely never allow any of them to hold me in this way. It’s just not how I work.

I’m tougher than this. Spencer raised me to be stronger than someone who just gets by in life with no hard work at all. That’s probably how these men get their money. They let their daddy’s buy them houses and cars and pretty clothing and never have to lift a damn finger. It’s bullshit really. I’ve sworn to myself that I’d never turn out like that.

However, I’ve also grown up to not judge so easily. Being who I am, I know completely what it feels like to be labeled as something by someone when they don’t even know me. That’s why I’m trying to not be as grouchy to these boys. I don’t trust them, nor need them but I shouldn’t pin point them as things without complete proof.

God, this is all just so confusing. I realize that I keep saying that I don’t like them yet I’m still cuddling with two of them. And the fact that I’m saying I don’t judge people, yet I literally just did that with the whole ‘daddy buys them everything’. These boys are messing with my head and I haven’t even known them for that long. Maybe I should just stop thinking about it. It’s bringing on an unnecessary headache.

I was just about to force myself to get up from their lap when I heard my name being called. My eyes snapped open at the sound, darting around the room to try and find the source of the voice.

My brown orbs landed on the green ones of Harry, his filled with concern and worry. “Are you alright, Li?” He asked, leaning forward in his seat to try and get a better look at me. I now noticed that all eyes were on me.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion while I shifted uncomfortably on Louis chest. I suddenly didn’t feel so calm. “W-What do you mean?” I mentally cursed myself for stuttering. Damn it. Why do I always show weakness in front of these guys? C’mon Liam, man up.

“Well, you were mumbling in your sleep.” Harry explained, his tone soft and slow so he could assure that I fully understand.

I was? When did I go to sleep?

My face scrunched up even more, had I really fallen asleep? It hadn’t even been that long. I only shut my eyes for a couple minutes, nothing more. Maybe the internal battle that I was having in my head lasted longer than I thought. Oops.

“I was?” I muttered out loud this time, looking back at Harry with oblivious eyes.

“Yes,” He spoke slowly again, eying me carefully, “You looked pretty frustrated. However we didn’t catch anything you were saying.” He explained further, relaxing some in his seat and glancing over at the other boys for some support. It looked they were all genuinely concerned about my well-being. Why though? They don’t know me. They shouldn’t care.