Undiscovered

"Ughhh" I groan as I get out of bed, Today was my 14th birthday and I was not looking forward today. I could smell my mom making my favorite breakfast combo which was a plus I guess .How could anyone resist blueberry pancakes Belgian waffles scrambled eggs bacon sausage and muffins did I mention powdered sugar !!!! Lots of powdered sugar . I hopped into the shower making my bath quick I slipped on my silk robe and headed to my vanity to do my makeup. I squinted in the mirror swearing I saw a glint of green in my eyes ,I shrugged it of and started my usual routine once I was dressed in my iconic black leather jacket a crop top I had bought last week paired with some black ripped skinny jeans and some doc martins I headed downstairs. Bubbly as ever my mom was singing as she plated my food I was starving my dad was sitting on the couch watching the news and drinking his morning coffee. My mom turned and squealed she placed my plate down and ran over to me "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORA !!!! " i smiled "thanks mom" funny she was more excited than me which I never understood "Nora hunny any plans today ? You know it's not to late to throw a birthday party " I grimaced even though my parents were great and gave me anything I wanted I wasn't the most popular in school I could honestly only count two people from school who I considered my friends and I don't think Ms. Jackson the librarian really counted but she was always so sweet to me and would let me hide away in the library any time the other students were harassing me. "No mom it's ok me and Danny are goin to go the mall after school then where gonna go get lunch, I just want something simple " Mom wrinkled her eyebrows in frustration but dropped the subject.

I finished up my breakfast and headed out the front door. I started my walk to school which wasn't that far from my house maybe a 15 min walk. The sun was trying to peak out of the dark clouds crossing my fingers silently glowing for some sunshine I had straightened my hair last night and wanted it to look nice for once .. my natural hair was a curly sand brown I loved it but it made me stick out like a sore thumb I lived in Michigan where the standard of beauty was bone straight blonde hair and blue eyes ..where as me I had a beautiful sun kissed olive skin tone sand brown curls with brown eyes and a splash of freckles I never really understood where I got my looks from as my mom was from Miami and had jet black hair with piercing blue eyes and my dad was a black man with black hair and brown eyes . I was convinced in the 5th grade I was adopted but my family insisted I had a big imagination and there was nothing wrong with being different. As I came out of my daze thinking about the weather and my hair I swore I saw someone following me on the other side of the street from the corner of my eye but wen I turned my head to look their was nobody their I kept looking back the rest of the way to school but never saw someone but I just couldn't get rid of this feeling I was being watched.

I entered the school parking lot and of course my classmates were all clique'ed up the cheerleaders, football players, lacrosse, dance team, archery club the usual. I kept my head down and headed to the library as fast as humanly possible off course it would be just my luck I bumped into Connor. "I I I'm sorry " I stuttered he had held on to my arms to stop me from falling  flat on my back Conner was one of the hottest guys in school he was never mean to me but never said to much either he chuckled " no need to apologize Nora it was my fault I was texting on my phone" "hey your hair it's straight I like it you look amazing" I blushed and my insides literally melted !! Before I could even utter a thank you Jamie Connor's ex was yelling at me to get of him I was so irritated I wish someone would just zap her with lightening already .. and the moment she made contact with Connor his jacket zapped her from static I assume  I couldn't help but do a fist pump in my head thanking the Gods "Ouch !! Connor !!! U zapped me " Jamie continued to pull Connor away as she rambled on she made sure to give me one glare before leaving Connor on the other hand gave me a kind of apologetic shoulder shrug as he was rugged away. I continued my journey to the library to get some light reading in before the school day started.