How It All Started

My name is Kelsii Lynn Wright, I am a senior in high school. Today is May 15th, which is my birthday. I'm finally turning 18 today. Which means that tomorrow is the day I graduate from high school.

My day started off like any other day. I woke up for school at 5:00 and hopped in the shower. When I got out I realized I had spent too much time day dreaming of the love of my life, aka my favorite rapper of all time.. Machine Gun Kelly. It was 5:45 and my bus came at 6:10 which gave me exactly 25 minutes to get ready for school and make it to my bus stop. I threw my hair up in a messy bun, put on some foundation, winged eyeliner, and some mascara, and threw on a romper and some sandals since it was pretty warm out and plus it was my birthday, I had to dress up a little.

The time was now 6:07, I threw everything I needed in my purse and ran to my bus stop. It was literally right down the street from my house so running there took literally a minute. Not much longer later I got to school and walked into the cafeteria to everyone singing me happy birthday.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have many friends at all. But when it came to stuff like this it was a school thing. My best friend Tamara ran up to me with some balloons and a card. I opened it and there was the sweetest note ever and a piece of paper. I was confused at first until I opened it and realized it was 2 tickets to go see Machine Gun Kelly in concert that was the weekend after my graduation.

This was literally the best gift of life. Kells and his music got me through a lot in life. In fact, I was going through a really bad break up. My boyfriend of 3 years dumped me right after prom and a couple weeks before my birthday. Honestly, who does that? Anyways though, Kells is what kept me going.

I got a few other gifts from some of my other friends. Some makeup, a new curling wand, some gift cards, nothing major. Along with some "happy birthdays" whenever I would walk down the hall. After class we had graduation rehearsal which was bitter sweet, I was ready to get home and sleep but I was happy knowing tomorrow I'd be done with high school forever.

The rehearsal ended up only lasting and hour and a half thank god and I got to go home and relax. I hadn't had a day off from work in almost 3 weeks. I was exhausted I decided to order a pizza and watch YouTube videos and listen to Kells. At about 9:00 I took a shower and was in bed passed out by 10. That night I went to bed smiling dreaming of the concert Id be going to in just a week.