chapter 1

There was a camping getaway that had been held throughout the summer vacations, and guess what? it was at a LAKEHOUSE!!! how exciting? well it seemed it would be a trip full of eating marshmallows with warm hot chocolate & dancing away the evenings, having deep talks by night. Well, that was what i thought. Anyway about the lake house, it was owned by none other than Ryan Brown. Ryan brown had been my best friend ever since i can remember. i don't have the earliest memory of ours but i do remember him & i wasting away our summer vacations each year by playing hide and seek. Ryan was handsome to everyone but me. He was slightly on the skinnier side, had curly hair & was just a little taller than me. The only person who Ryan told everything to, other than me was my brother. My brother and i are barely two years apart & guess what? we share the same friend group. he's 19 & i'm 17, which is quite annoying really. i want to know what it'd be like to be the older, taller, good looking sibling. i want to know how it'd be like to boss around. Anyway, my brother and Ryan got close when they got a part time job at a restaurant joint, just around the corner. the worst part about my brother is that his name is John. how cliche could a person's name get? we're both smiths which means his name is the most common one in all of America. i swear every shop you enter, there'll be a john smith working there. Now, we all 12 of us were on a bus, on the way to ryan's lake house, and i was trying to get a nice long nap because listening to Ryan & my brother's everyday football gossip was the last thing i'd like to do. i have three best friends were Jenna & riahnna & eva who actually seem to be quite interested with what the boys have to say. how much can they talk about football? i just plug in my earphones & shut my eyes. and just as im about to fall asleep, someone throws a paper ball on my head. i get up and turn around " what the fuck John?"
john stops laughing and turns around to look at me, " misha i didn't do shit it was Jaden". that's when i hear all ooo's fade away, but i was too pissed with jaden anyway today, and this pushed me over the edge. i don't say anything to him and just sit back down, but it's clear that i'm mad. " did the competition results hurt you?" he's doing it again. Jaden and i are the best candidates of our creative writing competitions in school. it's impossible to get us off our ranks, and we're always competing for the place #1. today however, our lovely principal decided that it was Jaden who deserved the award and he wasn't going to let me forget it for the rest of the trip. i hear samantha whisper into elianas hear & say " shits about to go down" but all i did was stuck my middle finger out, right at his face. " okay guys that's it now let's play something, it's not that we're going to react anytime soon" samantha basically SCREAMS into my face. " okay yes let's go" says eliana and all of a sudden we're playing truth and dare.  At this point, my face is full of disgust because i see eliana and John all cuddled up & i get that they're dating but they have absolutely no reason to shove it right at our faces. Eliana is the sweetest person of all time and i have no idea how she even managed to settle for someone like John. Light brown eyes, and all she does is radiate warmth. she just turned 18 so she's one of the youngest students in my brothers batch. "okay now it's jadens turn"
jenna gets overly enthusiastic and asks him whether he chooses truth or dare and obviously he chooses to do a dare. " okay um" Jenna murmurs " i know what! sit between Eliana and John for e next thirty minutes" " what the fuck jenna" john says in a tone that's all whiney. eliana and john hold hands over Jadens head and jaden goes " what the fuck have i gotten myself into" and everyone bursts out laughing. " okay guys enough let's move to the next round" and much to my dismay, it's my turn to choose between truth and dare