Chapter 1 -- Intros and Shit

There was a slight shuffle as Neon quickly pulled the Monster can from the shelf and to his pocket. As they sped walked over to the door, he heard a voice speak up from the counter.

"U-uh, ma'am?"

Do I really look like a girl? was Neon's first thought. He shifted his green eyes to the counter, not turning around.

"Yeeeees?"

Oh shit, was his second.

"I believe you have something of ours."

Neon froze, then fucking bolted.

"MA'AM!"

Neon sighed, hiding in the alleyway. Jesus Christ.

"You stole another Monster, didn't you," a voice spoke up from behind them.

"hOLY SH—fucking Christ, you almost fucking killed me," inhaled Neon.

"Sorry," the voice giggled, stepping out from the shadows.

She had her strawberry blonde hair in pony tails at the sides of her head, wearing a turtleneck of various bright colors and shorts covered in pretty patches of colors and bleach stains. She had colorful and cartoonish Band-Aids covering her lower thighs and knees, with rainbow knee-high stockings and sparkly platforms at came up about an inch or two under them. She was relatively chubby too, and her brown eyes fucking shined in the light. God, Syrup's pretty, Neon thought.

"Its fine," he sighed, pulling the Monster from his pocket, "here. Pink, your favorite."

"YOOO!" Syrup grinned, quickly opening and chugging the can, wrists covered in kandi making clinking sounds against it.

Neon huffed out a laugh, leaning against the wall. He crossed their arms, like the edgy bastard they are.

He wore a renaissance-type white shirt, with a gray turtleneck underneath and a black vest on top. Their black gloves had a skeleton design on them. His black jeggings had paint splatters on them, probably unintentional. his studded belt had a silver chain connecting to his pocket, which is probably not how you're supposed to wear it but whatever. They had black leather boots with a steel toe, good for getting into fights. The top part of his brown hair was pulled into a short ponytail behind their head, the rest falling and stopping right below the nape of his neck.

"I forgot to get a fucking pack," he sighed, "so now I gotta go without for a few days."

Syrup sighed sympathetically, before smiling and reaching into their pocket, pulling out a pack of cigarettes. "I gotcha, love."

Neon almost teared up. Fuck, I love this girl. "Oh my God, thank you." He pulled out his lighter, lighting his cigarette and inhaling.

Syrup looked at the semi-cracked clock leaning against the wall of the alley, groaning.

"Bro they were supposed to be here five fucking minutes ago."

Neon rolled his eyes, smiling. "Darling, you know damn well they're probably making out right now. Give 'em a second."

Right on time, two figures walked into the alleyway, hair ruffled and faces/masks red.

"Fuck's sake, can you stop making out for like two seconds?" teased Syrup.

"Well damn," said the taller figure, adjusting his shirt. "Who shat in your coffee today?"

The second, smaller figure smoothed their fluffy hair down, amused. "Sorry we're late."

The figure squinted its black eyes at them, adjusting to the darkness of the alleyway. They wore a pink, crop top hoodie with smiley faces covering it. They also wore stained, ripped, black jeans that were uneven. Their shoes were very obviously glow in the dark in the shadows of the alley. Their dark-ish skin was covered in freckles and stretch marks, his long fluffy hair going down their shoulders.

Neon spoke up, "its chill Niche, just maybe text us or something if ya'll are gonna hook up."

The taller figures mask lit up in a blushing image, then settled to an annoyed face. "Asshole," he muttered.

They wore an open techwear jacket, showing off their binder. His black hair was pulled into a mullet, and his mechanical mask covered his whole face. Their techwear pants were covered in pockets, probably holding lighters, cigarettes, knives, and gum. They wore fishnet gloves, and scars covered their knuckles and stomach, similar to Niche's.

"Shut the fuck up Glyph," huffed Neon, "bottoms can't speak."

Niche snorted, and Glyph lightly punched his shoulder. "Mann, fuck both of ya'll."

"You wish you could," Syrup chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows.

Glyph rolled his eyes under their mask. "Bruhhh."

Niche spoke up, white hair getting dirty as they sat and leaned against the alley wall. "You sure you wanna go into school smelling like cigs, Neon?"

Neon grunted, smiling. "What're they gonna do, tell my dad?"

Glyph busted out laughing, and Syrup huffed. "Just cause your dad is dead doesn't mean that joke isn't old, love."

Neon groaned fakely. "You're right. But I never liked him, he's real... ashy."

Syrup sighed, and Glyph almost fucking choked on laughter.

Niche glanced at the clock, suddenly standing. "SHIT, WE HAVE SCHOOL IN TEN MINUTES!"

Everyone rushed to stand, zipping up their backpacks, putting out their cigarettes, smoothing their hair, and zipping up their jacket, respectively. They all took off running, laughing the whole time.