Chapter 2

“Oh little Ro-ose!” Lillian was calling me. I got up and went to the mirror to wipe off the tears. I decide I seriously need to talk to my mother.

“You dashed up the stairs before I had time to tell you what your chores are for the day,” she smiled widely at the look of sadness on my face.

“So,” she continued when I wouldn’t talk, “you will pack my bags, clean my room, and organize my closet while I get my nails done, my hair re-highlighted, fake tan, and get my party clothes.”

EW. Lillian in party clothes? She is really chubby and short. I can fit in party clothes because I’m so skinny. So I nodded and went upstairs to start my jobs. I started packing first, whenever she went on trips she always had me pack and never once did she look through her suitcase in case I put ugly clothes in there. She believes she looks stunning in everything she wears, but she doesn’t.

After that I worked on her room. It was a mess! It was so gross, pizza boxes and soda cans EVERYWHERE! After that mess was settled I started organizing her closet. It also was a mess, so I tried to finish that fast. Then I heard my mother pulling in from wherever she goes these days. So I ran downstairs to greet her.

“Hey mother,” I started with a big grin, maybe if I’m nice she will let me go to England, “how are you?”

“Fine,” she simply stated.

Okay. Enough of this chitchat; I need to cut to the chase.

“Mother, why is Lillian going to England and not me. You know how much I’ve been wanting to go there!”

I was almost crying I was that sad.

“Oh Honey,” my mother said with sympathy, “did Lillian not tell you?”

“Tell me what? What is it, mother?”

“You are also traveling to England with her. I thought it would be a good sisterly bonding trip!”

I yelled at the top of my lungs I was so excited! I hugged my mother very tight and ran upstairs. Typical Lillian to lie about that, but who cares, right? I’m going to England. I don’t care if it means that I’m stuck with Lillian for a month I’ll be in the best place in the world! Oh, England, I love its fascinating historical sites and old castles! I could care less about shopping or One Direction, but don’t get me wrong I do like them, but I’m not wasting my time on them when I could be at a beautiful castle overlooking mountains.

When upstairs she burst into Lillian’s room and went up to her and pulled out her ear buds.

Smirking to myself I said, “Guess what? I’m accompanying you on your trip to England! Aren’t you happy?”

Lillian was glaring at me. Oh if looks could kill. I turned around and skipped out. I know that right there practically killed her, she hates when I’m super happy. I could hear her yell in frustration behind me. I went downstairs to talk to mother.

“So mother, when are we leaving?”

“Next week,” she said as she cut up onions.

“What?! A whole week?” My mouth was aghast. I cannot wait a whole week! It needs to be like tomorrow!!!

I went up to my room to sulk. I sat on my bed and sighed. Maybe when I go there I will get accepted into a college early so I can stay there forever. That would be great