Chapter 2 - Getting closer

Midoriya POV

It has been like 4 days since the first day of school. Nothing much has happened, just us training our quirks..
But I haven't grown close to Todoroki.. at all! It hurts to see him by himself all of the time.

Yknow what? Today is the day I talk to him! What could go wrong? I think to myself as I walk towards his desk.

M: "Hey Todo-" suddenly I hear someone call my name.. is that.. Uraraka? Great timing..

M: "I- I wanted to ask if you want to sit with me at lunch!" I say faster than usual. Oh no.. he is just staring at me.. what should I do?!

Todoroki POV

Did he just ask me to sit with him at lunch? Even though we have barely talked? I have nothing better to do.. so I guess I'll do it..

T: "sure..?" I say, confused.

M: "g-great! okay let's go!" he says while suddenly gripping my wrist and forcing me to follow him.. towards his friends.

U: "Hey Izuku! What is Todoroki doing with you?" is she already calling him izuku..? I guess they're really close already..

M: "He is going to sit with us during lunch! If that's ok?"

U: "That's great! Me and Asui are going to head off to lunch early.. see you guys there!" she says with a beaming smile, leaving me and Midoriya alone

Uraraka POV

Asui: "Are you okay Ochako? It's weird for you to just leave Midoriya like that.." Asui says, with a hint of worry in her tone.

U: "Yes I'm fine! Dont worry, Izuku told me that he wanted to become friends with Todoroki, so I'm just helping him out." Uraraka says joyfully.

Asui: "Oh, that makes sense" she says, relieved.

Midoriya POV

I know what Ochako is doing, shes trying to help me become close to Todoroki. God this is awkward, I need to speak before he just walks away.. what should I say..?

But before I can say anything, Todoroki speaks.

T: "Midoriya, we should go too. Everyone else is leaving." Todoroki says.

M: "Ah- o-ok.." I say nervously.

T: "and um.. could you let go of my wrist?"

Oh shoot I totally forgot I was still gripping him! This is embarrassing..

M: "I'm sorry!" I say feeling my face get burning hot

T: "it's fine, let's go"

We walk to the cafeteria, in silence. This silence is getting annoying, I will never be able to become close if I don't do anything!

M: "Hey Todoroki, why did you roll into UA..?" I do want to know why he is here.. to become a hero, right?

T: "To surpass All Might and prove to him (endeavor) that I'm better. What about you?"

honestly I'm not surprised..I think to myself

M: "Oh I'm training to become the #1 hero, who will save people with a smile!" I say, joyfully.

Todoroki POV
T: "Ah, that's awesome?" god I dont know what to say, I'm not good at socializing.. I hope I'm not making him feel awkward.

M: "Mhm!" he says with a beaming smile. his smile.. its.. beautiful..

I mean it as a compliment! Not like that.Well.. to be honest I've never thought of what I identify as..

Oh shit I'm staring at him. Can you blame me?