Chapter Twenty Four - Manipulation

A/N: I'm really sorry this took so long, but I've been burdened with glorious homework so I just haven't had the time. But anyway, here it is now, with a pic to the side of Chris Evans, Steve of course :D, so enjoy and have a wonderful day/night, love abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Chapter Twenty Four - Manipulation

Ava's View

"Tony," I stated, with a curt nod and then a slight smirk. Tony just shook his head at me before turning to Sondra. 

"I don't believe we've met-"

"No, we haven't." 

"Tony Stark, lovely to meet you," He said, holding out a hand to her. She didn't take it, she just glared at him. 

"Why are you metal?" 

"It's a suit." 

"Why are you in a metal suit?" 

"I'm a superhero."

"Heroes are measured upon courage and heart, not their metal suits," Sondra stated matter-of-factly, her glare not faltering. I suppressed a laugh as Tony blinked at her in disbelief. 

"Do I get to have the honour of knowing your name?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. We were beginning to gather a slight crowd, due to Tony's showing off. 

"No. You don't," She said, folding her arms across her chest. He stared at her for a moment, before turning back to me. 

"Fury wants to see you both," He said, with a triumphant smirk. I groaned and Sondra looked between us in complete confusion. 

"Fury? What is this Fury? Is somebody angry?" She asked, Tony raised an eyebrow at her and made a small hand gesture which indicated for me to explain. 

"He's a person. Nick Fury," I said simply, not going into detail because I would only confuse her more. 

"And why does he want to see us?"

"Because... We're that good looking," I said with a smirk. Tony rolled his eyes at me. 

"At least I know you haven't changed much..." He muttered to himself before clapping his metal hands together and lifting his head in a formal sort of manner; well, as formal as Tony Stark gets. "You have two choices; I fly you both there, or Ava teleports us."

"Why do I have to teleport you? You fly."

"Because I've been told to escort you, and SHIELD have been getting pretty strict lately, believe me. Oh and Ava, when you get there you might have to pry Banks off Rogers, she is more than a bit fond of him," He said with a slight grin. At this point, Sondra had completely given up with asking questions as to what we were talking about. I sighed and then grabbed both of their wrists; Tony's metal and Sondra's bare arm.

"I'll take you, I'm much quicker," I said, with a wink to Tony. He gave me a look. 

"I'm much more reliable, though."

"Reliable my ass," I muttered, but Sondra wriggled out of my grasp on her arm before  I could do anything.

"No! I don't want you in my head!" Sondra hissed. I stared at her for a moment.

"I'm not going to do anything. I won't look through anything, Sondra. I'm just accessing your frontal cortex, the part that views where you are at the minute. I then manipulate that image to whatever I want you to see, and then I use telepathy to take us there. I'm not going to hurt or take advantage of you in anyway, Sondra," I explained to her. She gave me a tense look but soon agreed to the teleportation.