One.

Cheon Seo Jin

My head is killing me today. It's only 10 in the morning and yet I feel like I'm working the whole day. I am having an interview with applicants who wants to become my secretary. I fired mine 4 days ago because she fails to fulfill a job that I can even do in my sleep. My employees know too well that I don't settle for less, and I don't need those people who don't do their best to efficiently portray their role in my company.

On the other hand, I feel so exhausted portraying mine these days. It just feels like I'm stuck in a constant cycle where I just need to wake up in the morning, go to work, back to my house to sleep, then repeat. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I poured both my blood and sweat to establish this company and be what I am today. But you know the feeling where you just... feel empty? And I don't have any idea why. I mean, I have all the money in the world, so why would I be feeling this way, right? It's absurd. There are lots of people who wish to be in my place. Yet here I am...

I massage my temple and closed my eyes for some time. I think I really need to take a break and go somewhere peaceful. It's been a long time since I last spent my vacation, away from the company and away from all the negativity. I just need to finish all the things that need to be settled and then I'll take a leave right away.

"Ms. Cheon?" My personal assistant, Mr. Do, calls me back from reality. I quickly opened my eyes and nodded. "Do you still want to interview applicants? I can reschedule them for tomorrow if you're feeling unwell."

"How many are they outside?" I asked, sipping my coffee and starts to read their resume.

"There are still 13 applicants, Ms. Cheon." He politely answered. I continue to scan the papers and I let out a sigh when I see nothing special. Come on, give me someone good. I've been interviewing people for 3 days and still, I don't see a single one of them qualified for the job I'm offering.

"None of them caught my attention, so I guess we will just call it a day. Thank you, Mr. Do." I politely answered back. He nodded and bowed before leaving my office. I decided to take an early lunch break since I'm done with most of my work.

I stood up from my seat and fixed all my things. I also checked myself in front of the mirror. Looking at my own reflection, the reality suddenly hits me. I'm turning 32 on my next birthday but I am still not happy with my life. Filthy rich...but miserable. Pathetic, right? This is just so great. Sometimes I think about being alone for the rest of my life. You know, spending all my money over things that I couldn't even appreciate anymore, travel to places that I wanted to visit. But as much as I like the thought of being free, it somehow makes me wonder if things would be so much happier if I have someone that I can share all of the memories that I plan to create in my life.

Shaking my head from that foolish thought, I put on my coat and left my office. What were you thinking, Cheon Seo Jin? Boys are stupid, and I already gave up on love. It's a total waste of time.

I decided to go to my favorite coffee shop, since they are also offering meals. The ambiance is nice, and their staffs are very accommodating. I also work here when I need a change of venue because I'm bored in my office. Arriving at the café, familiar people greeted me and I just nodded my head in return. I scan their menu on the counter and decided to order pancake and bacon with medium white chocolate mocha. Yeah, I'll definitely go for that. I deserve this.

Switching my gaze to the brunette barista, my brows slightly furrowed. She looks familiar, but I'm not sure if we already met formally or I just saw her somewhere I don't remember. She's also not the one who usually takes my order, so I guess she's new here. She smiled at me, and I couldn't help but to smile back. There was a moment of awkward silence as I found myself staring at her for a couple of seconds.

"H-hello, Ms. Cheon. What's your order for today?" She shyly said, breaking the eye contact.

Huh, why do I find this woman interesting?

I cleared my throat and I gave her my order and my payment. I look for her name on the apron that they're wearing but I found none. But of course, I did it in a nonchalant manner, not wanting to creep her out. I'm just really curious because she really looks familiar to me.

"Your order is noted, Ms. Cheon." 

She said with a slight smile on her face. I can see that she's tensed, especially when our hands slightly made contact when she's returning my change. Surprisingly, I found it cute.

What the hell? I must be insane.

Shaking away that thought, I tried my best not to smile. I just nodded and I went straight to my seat. I checked my phone and I found nothing important. Just messages from work people. Sighing, I massage my temple as I felt my tiredness strike. Good thing that I'm done with today's work, I can now enjoy the rest of my day.

My order arrived, and I felt a slight disappointment when another barista delivered it.

"Here's your order, Ms. Cheon." He gave me a polite smile and bowed.

"Thanks." I simply respond, not wasting a second looking at him.

I searched for her and I found her busy at the counter. Right, she's the one taking orders so I shouldn't expect her to deliver mine. I panicked a little bit when my gaze found hers. I quickly looked away and pretended to open my food and drink. Noticing the pink sticky note, I saw a neat handwritten letter. It is obvious that a woman wrote it. Checking her again, I felt a slight flutter when I saw her shaking her head, smiling. I couldn't understand what I am feeling right now, but what's clear to me is my heart is beating faster than usual.

Did she wrote this letter?

Hi, Ms. Cheon Seo Jin.

I admire you. And your works.
Enjoy your food and drink. I made all of it.
I hope you smile more often.
Like this --- :D

Okay, now I'm smiling like a fool...

------

Hi, here's a new story for all of you! :)

Can you guess this ship? Hahaha. 😂

Thank you guys for reading!