三┊songs on the lyre ⌇⁺

venti ‧₊・ ⁺

You and Aether hopped up the last steps to arrive at the large Barbatos statue. Though out of breath, you glanced up to marvel at the sight in front of you.

 A table draped in a silk white cloth was placed in front of the statue, dotted with the finest Calla Lilies, the richest Cecelias, and the sweetest Sweet Flowers. Each of them were carefully wrapped in a white ribbon of some sort. People were gathered around the statue to offer their flowers to the statue, adding more to the already overflowing table. Meanwhile, a cheerful looking bard wearing green clothing was stationed on the side, playing a series of melodious tunes. His voice sang songs about old folk stories that you heard as a young child. 

The crowd cheered him on, clapping when he finished a song. Turning your attention back to Aether, you gazed at him as he gently placed his dandelion on the pile of flowers. "Do you have a flower?" He turned to you, amber eyes glistening. You shook your head quickly since you hadn't expected the need for a flower to offer to the statue. 

"That's ok." he smiled softly. "This is optional anyways."

"U-uh...we can get one from my shop." You suggested. 

Aether's eyes widened. "That's a great idea! Paimon should've awaken by now too! Ah, I would hate for you to have to miss out on the festivities. Wait here--I'll go quickly." Before you could protest, Aether set off. (a/n: he wasn't being rude, he just knew you would protest.)

Waving goodbye to him, though he couldn't see it, you wandered around the courtyard and arrived at the spot where the bard was performing. He had just finished a song, and was taking a break now. You waited patiently for his next song, until you realized his attention was focused on you.

"Oh?" His eyes shimmered with curiosity. "I've never seen you around before."

"My name's Y/N."

"Ah, quite the beautiful name, hehe."

You felt flustered, clearing your throat. "Ahem---t-thank you. What's your name?"

"I'm Venti the Bard." He grinned. The two of you had a long conversation about various things including what your daily life is like (to which you replied with "taking care of plants and flowers") to what his daily life is like (to which he replied "drinking"). You told him about your little mishaps when you went to collect the seeds of different flowers. Like that time you went to Liyue to collect the seeds of the fragrant qingxin flowers, and almost got ambushed by a group of hilichurls. However, you were saved by a mysterious man who wielded a spear. He vanished immediately after he took care of the hilichurls, so you were unable to thank him. Venti had laughed at your little story and told you that the man reminded him a lot of an old friend. Though you were quite puzzled at how old he actually was, you enjoyed chatting with him.

 He then gestured to his lyre. "Do you know how to play?" 

You had taken a few lyre lessons one summer, so you could kind of play; however, your skills were nowhere near Venti. "Yeah...kind of." 

"Oh! Is that so? Play something for me, play something!!" He piped up excitedly. You couldn't help but be swayed by his charisma and excitement. 

"Ah...I don't play as well as you though." You admitted, as he handed you the lyre. You began to gently strum the lyre into a soft song. A crowd of people gathered to watch, listening to the tune. They made you a little nervous, and you messed up. "Sorry.."

"No, that is quite alright! Your playing was absolutely mesmerizing!" He gushed in awe. 

"Really?" You peered at him in doubt. He reassured you with a nod. 

"In fact, your tune has given me a newfound inspiration. Lo and behold, my latest song, Adventures of a Gardener." Venti announced dramatically, before launching into a cheerful song that retold the stories you had told him. When he finished with a bow, you clapped loudly. 

"That was amazing!!" You exclaimed, your hands stinging from the clapping. "Thank you, Venti."

The bard winked at you."Ehe~"

a/n

part two of Venti...maybe? hope you enjoyed this little "update" :D Also yes, I did add Xiao in here because I'm very excited to write him but he's all the way in Liyue so I have to wait, smh.

please let me know if I made any grammatical errors, see you next update ^^

next up if there's no venti part 2 : jean