A Fearful Symmetry

Each suit has a built-in arsenal mostly non-lethal except a few and is run completely remote by a veteran whose psychic energy is augmented with the use of various drugs. but the process isn't sustainable for longer durations as the person driving the suits are left exhausted after mere moments of use. Thus, they have been trying to access more psychic energy by tapping into The Void - a extra dimensional realm of existence fertile with ample psychic energy to manipulate. Alex beckons as to why he's been involved into this when a figure emerges from the shadows revealing herself to be Dr. Glen Bosworth, an exceptionally renowned physicist. Glen reveals that she has personally recommended Alex to Gen. Munson for overseeing the project after carefully following his career and impressed by his achievements. She reveals that they have been working on a machine termed as The Dimensional Oscillator to harness the psychic energies, but it still requires further modifications and enhancements which Alex's expertise in physics and engineering will help. Alex retorts that he doesn't want to involve himself in such complications and prepares to leave when Gen. Munson prohibits it sternly. Munson proposes that he holds the key to the secret of his persistent headaches that has been plaguing him and his true heritage. Much to his own dismay, Alex agrees to work on the project along with Dr. Bosworth whose matriarchal persuasions eases the awkward deal. As they progress gradually on the final modifications for The Dimensional Oscillator, Munson grows impatient with the results and forces their hand to hurry up. Dr. Bosworth in a fervent candour jab back at Gen. Munson that fast-tracking the development may lead to consequences like before which leads Alex to be more curious about the whole situation. Alex and Dr. Bosworth explain that the machine isn't quite ready and still needs to be worked upon else it may have unimaginable consequences while operating. Munson exclaims that they need to put it in test immediately as time is of the essence. Much to their own chagrin the duo operates the machine as it starts to draw psychic energies by tapping into the Void. A veteran is hooked up with the machine simultaneously and starts to control the exo suit whose psychic powers are increased ten-fold without the previous hindrances. But soon something goes awry and the machine starts to malfunction and the connection is destabilized as the veteran is dead due to energy overload. Alex and Dr. Bosworth although expecting some snags is bemused to witness such a situation spiralling out of control and quickly tries to contain the situation without much success.