Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

Apparently, I forgot to pull down the blinds last night because the sunlight peeked through the windows and settled on my skin. It was a lovely morning. I climb off my bed and went straight for the windows hoping to get another glance at this fine city. The air was fresh unlike the polluted ones we have back at home. This is surely something I could get used to.

I check my phone to see if anybody had sent me a message or even called to see if I was okay or something. Nothing, well except for my best friend,of course. He just said I hope you have the nicest time, save me a couple of hotties! And a message from an unknown number saying Tardiness isn't attractive, you know? Take your time. Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here amongst old people. Totally fine and not boring at all. It was from an unknown number but at the back of my head, I had this feeling it was from Austin. Geez, he sure is an early bird. It wasn't even late, my alarm hadn't even gone off yet.

As I check my phone, I notice it was already a quarter past nine. But why didn't my alarm work? I check to see what was wrong but the answer was pretty simple. I was and still am an idiot. I forgot to turn the alarm on. Don't get me wrong, I set it to 7AM already on because I wasn't one for making other people wait as well as other people making me wait.

Because who likes waiting? Especially if you know you're waiting for nothing but you choose to hope that things will work out and they will go back for you. But that's another story.

QUARTER PAST NINE. QUARTER.PAST.NINE.WHAT.

Holy Smith I totally overslept, which wasn't really surprising but I didn't think I'd be this late. I rushed to the bathroom to clean myself up because there's no way I'm leaving without a bath. He's waiting anyway and I already know he's going to get furious so a few more minutes won't make a difference either way.

I rummage around my friend's closet again and went with a simple shirt and a skirt because her jeans were a wee bit big for me. I comb my hair and settled for a bun, applied a thin layer of make-up because I really have no idea how to apply them. Yes, I am that pathetic. I can only put on the things you just rub on your face like foundations. I also know how to apply a concealer though because for me, they are a must have. I have really dark circles around my eyes and I know that it looks good on other people but apparently, I was outside of that range. How fortunate, indeed. I also use liquid eyeliner to like shape my eye so that it'd look bigger. I don't really understand how it works to be honest but I trust the sales lady's words.

I leave the house. I wanted to hail a cab but I couldn't see any so I started walking towards the place. I asked directions from an Asian guy who seemed to be very nice and told me It wasn't that far from here. He gave me specifics so I continued to walk after thanking him.

I pass by a few vintage looking houses and I so badly wanted to take pictures of them but I knew I was late so I decide to continue walking. What a shame. Although, I knew I would come back. I make a mental note to go back using the same route.

I look up to the sign of the small cafe in front of me. There it was, on point and elegantly carved on wood, the name Julia's. I push the doors open and went inside earning me a few smiles and good mornings from the people who work there.

"Good morning ma'am, table for one?" The lady, maybe in her mid-thirties wearing a cute floral dress asked me. "Good morning to you too, Actually, I am supposed to meet someone here. Might you know where he is? I'm not quite sure what he looks like" I say shyly. "Oh, I think you mean Austin! He did say he was meeting another lady friend here." I wonder how she knew Austin and why did she say another lady friend? Does he always bring girls here? Is he the kind who brings a lot of girls to the same place saying it was a date to score on them and leave them heartbroken the next day? Wait- why am I even thinking of this. I don't even give a smith, even a little. "Yeah, it is him. Could you please take me to him? I'm kind of late." I tell the nice lady.