Part 3

Mean and Pete were like a lovey-dovey couple.

Mew teased them a bit.

"Look at them, Mom....They don't even care about us sitting here now.."

Pete blushed at the comment while throwing a dagger at his bigger brother.

Mean just smiled.

Plan was barely able to swallow any food. He felt out of place between their laughter and conversation. Mean, Mew and his father were talking about export details now. It was quite impressive for Mean's age. There are still 2 years left before he enters college. He was still so knowledgeable. Well, Plan did learn a lot about everything from sharemarket to even how to manage a company. Thinking about those memories made him lose his appetite more. He could listen to the conversation and could understand everything it was about. A message popped up on his phone.

Beam- What do you like, sweet or salty??

Plan- Why??

Beam-I asked first. So tell me.

Plan- Sweet..now tell me why.

Beam- I am making breakfast.

Plan heart vibrates a little. Perfectly knowing the answer to the question he asked again.

Plan- Why ask my preferences then??

Beam-Idiot...keep acting like one...Just come to the hospital. Or else I will feed your portion to the dog.

Plan - If you did that I will complain to Mama Aom.

Beam-Oh such a Mama boy..

A smile bloomed on his face.

Mew looked at his brother who was smiling while looking down. It has been months since he had seen Plan so well behaved. Not fighting with parents or Pete.First, everyone thought it was a phase for Plan. Maybe feeling inferior to Pete. Well, Plan is not good at anything. So Mew let him be until or unless he crossed the line. Seems like the decision was right his rebellious phase lasted for 2 months. But at the same time, he looked like he lost his liveliness. He wasn't the chatterbox anymore. He looked more mature. Mew wanted to tease the little brother more.

"Whom are you talking to Plan with that smile??"

Plan froze for a second and looked at everyone sitting in the room. As all eyes were on him.

All the joy on his face was drained all of the sudden.

"No one..just a joke.." His answer was mechanical and simple, making Mew feel uncomfortable. The conversation contains the basic etiquette that it should have but Mew still felt that's not how his brother should reply. If it was the old Plan, he would explain more than this. He would have told him about what joke it was who shared the joke with him. The family history of the person who shared the joke. Even what he thinks about it. But the new Plan didn't speak a word more than required.

His father on the other hand scoffed.

"That's all he does...play, laugh, and eat..."

Everyone thought a fight was about to break out.

Pete being the understanding one spoke first.

"Planee...dad is saying for your good. look you again stayed out playing..... The new semester is about to begin... You should turn over a new leaf...."

That's how all Pete's words were. They sound good for my own benefit but actually used for gaslighting me. In past, I was really stupid to think he was speaking for me. Before Plan didn't know about it so it didn't matter and now he knows about it but he didn't care enough to correct it. They misunderstood me. Let them misunderstand. It doesn't make a difference for Plan.