feathered nails

philza x reader

You had first seen him face to face when he had struck a blade through his own son. You wouldn't have thought you'd first see the man in the story books; a fierce and unmovable feather, lived since the beginning of time on his hands and knees, cradling a man who had failed his own nation.

It was a bitter sight. A man who was carefree, who flew in the clouds of raging thunderstorms, fearless of the lightning, that glow in the mists of the clouds.

And now he kneels on the ground with his son, he shed his tears, a wing that was once rich in feathers, now stay limping against his back. He looked so vulnerable as he bows to whatever god there is, and he waters the ground with his tears and blood until the light in his son's eyes disappeared.

The second you saw him, the scene that still played inside your head almost feels like a curse. You swore you could almost freeze to death as you roam around in Snowchester and catch his gaze. It takes you aback when he gives you a wide smile, almost a different person the last you saw him, but who were you to not return it?

Third time you saw him was when you bumped into him while roaming around in the jungles, he's wearing a black turtleneck that fits snugly into him, was he exploring as well perhaps? You two walked around together for who knows how long, getting to know eachother and letting out loud laughs, shining brightly until the stars were visible in the onyx sky and shines back down to you.

And thirds became sevenths and sevenths became thirteenths

And that one specific time you saw him was at your doorstep, his skin all flushed, a sweat at his brow. He chuckles nervously, terribly hiding the bouquet of flowers behind his back. He looked almost like the first time you met him but not quite, he smiles before shyly showing you the flowers he plucked from his own grown garden, they were beautiful and colorful

Just like he was