𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

I hate birthdays.

I was never too keen on birthday celebrations and even today, I'm not. My birthday only reminds me of the horrid past that I couldn't bring myself to make peace with.

It's been thirteen years since my father was murdered.

As I shifted around under the thick duvet, I expected to feel Michael's body next to me but... nothing. I immediately jolted up in search of him, frantically running to the ensuite restroom to see if he was in there.

But he wasn't.

My heart began to pump blood at an irregular rate and I felt fear piling up within me. Being home alone is something I just can't bear, especially now that our relationship is public.

I can't go anywhere without Bill or Chuck as my escort and when I do decided to take the chance to go out alone, Michael always catches me in the act.

"Happy birthday to you," Michael sang graciously as he slowly walked into the room with decorated cake in his hand. I turned around to face him with a relieved expression. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ophelia, happy birthday to you."

"Baby-"

"C'mon girl, blow out the candle."

I stepped closer to him and closed my eyes, making a wish. I blew out the candle and Michael gave me a round of applause after placing the cake onto our dresser.

"Thank you baby," I smiled before pecking his lips. "This means the world to me."

"You're welcome," he bit his bottom lip. "But don't worry, the day has just begun and this is nothing compared to what I have planned for you. Today is your day and I'm gonna make sure my girl gets anything and everything she wants."

"Baby I told you not to make a big deal out of this," I anxiously giggled. "It's not really a day I'd like to remember."

The smile on his face faded immediately at the remembrance of my father's death and he let out a small sigh.

"I was going to say this after singing happy birthday and all but I didn't want to upset you. I'm so sorry about your father," he frowned before placing a small kiss onto my forehead.