Prompt • 1

Prompt: Amongst her mother's possessions, she found a weirdly shaped necklace that has the same color as the pair of earrings she owned. (sight, sound, smell, touch & taste)

•°•✧•°•

The sound of creaking was prominent as she walked up the stairs towards their attic. She'd been living in this house throughout her 12 years of existence, only now has been given the privilege to go and explore said house as her mother disappeared 4 years ago.

It wasn't dark but the path had barely any light and the only way she had been able to see is because of the little lantern she had when she had been a child, once curious as to why the fire won't go out.

The lantern is black, its glasses having x marks on them as if it is its job to keep it together. A circle handle on top of the little pyramid roof and a flame so blue that it looked uncanny to have.

Although strange, it was light and very handy to have.

Its fire burning brightly, lighting the way as she had finished the last set of stairs where the door to the attic is sitting right in front of her.

The weight of the lantern's handle suddenly felt heavier. It had always felt light to her even if it did look heavy, so why does it feel heavy now?

Tightening her hold on the handle to assuage the bad feeling in her gut, she failed to see the fire burning even brightly than before, as if it was excited to have been here.

She opened the door and everything seemed normal. Aside from the lack of light, the only thing that seemed odd was the black chest at the corner of the room which she wouldn't have been able to see if not for the fire burning brightly as it can.

The blue flame lit the room and the black chest started twinkling, same color as the flame in the lantern. Little sparkles that glow as they go up one after the other. They disappear once they get high enough.

Her eyes went toward to the direction of the black chest, the outside designed with vines, leaves and small flowers.

She was so drawn to it that her feet started moving on its own.

A straight path to the chest had suddenly appeared before her. She hadn't seen a path to the chest earlier but now here's one showing its presence.

There were a lot of other stuff within the attic, which appeared to all have belonged to her mother. A few dresses hanged in front of a few boxes, a desk table with books and paper that seem to have olden, more boxes around the corners of the room, a large trunk at the wall but all she could focus on is the black chest that is still twinkling.

The fire in the lantern started to dance, its flame swaying side to side but no air seemed to have been able to come in the attic or even in the lamp itself.

Huge shadows all around her but she paid no heed as she was too caught up with the twinkling black chest. A whoosh could be heard briefly as a gust of wind had come in out of nowhere.

She froze suddenly questioning herself of what she was doing and why.

As if impatient, the black chest had opened itself. Although scared, she was also curious of what was inside the chest.

It didn't smell dusty as she thought it would, it smelled like mushrooms and she's pretty sure that she can almost taste it with her tongue.

'Had my mother really been playing with things magically related?' she thought to herself as she slowly leaned toward the chest to get a better look of what was inside it.

All of the things looked like it belonged to her mother but the thing that caught her attention the most was the necklace that was displayed at the top.

Amongst her mother's possessions, she found a weirdly shaped necklace that has the same color as the pair of earrings she owned. She set down the lantern at a nearby table and took a closer look at the necklace.

She lifted it with the help of her hands and it glowed when she did.

The light was alluring, it'd drawn her in like a moth to a flame. She kept staring and the next thing she knew, she was gone from the attic leaving behind her lantern with the little dancing flame that's still burning brightly.