Chapter 2

It only took a few minutes for Stiles' phone to be tracked. The person on the other end of the call rushed to get their shoes and a jacket on before they grabbed their keys, running to their door and punching the location in their GPS before speeding away from their house.

Stiles still laid unconscious and bleeding out from the many little wounds on his body, but the main blood loss was coming from his back. it was a miracle he was still alive as someone yelled "STILES?! What the hell happened man?"

The person slapped Stiles cheek lightly, arousing him from his sleep with a groan as he looked at the offending hand and its owner "Danny?"

Stiles could barely see through the haze of pain and blood loss but Danny was full of fear for the boy bleeding out on the side of the road "come on, I can help you... I need you to work with me okay?"

Stiles could hardly grunt his response, but Danny took it as his cue to open the back door of his car before helping Stiles into it with great effort from Danny and pained sounds from Stiles until he was laying on his front in the cramped space of the back seat.

The drive back was faster than the drive there but Danny still cringes every time he hears Stiles make a pained noise when he turns a corner too fast or stops too suddenly but if he wants to heal Stiles he needs to get back home with his things.

He lives with his grandparents and knew they would be fine with him bringing home someone to heal in such a state as this. Danny only had to get a glance at the wounds to tell it wasn't an animal, but a supernatural creature that did this though he would need to find out which creature it was. 

As soon as Danny parks and closes the garage doors he helps Stiles out, putting one of Stiles arms around his shoulder while he gripped Stiles' waist lightly, careful of the wounds.

H took Stiles down into the basement where there was a few cots his grandparents would usually pout whoever needed their healing. Danny had only just laid Stiles softly on his stomach when his grandparents rushed downstairs with worried looks "who is this Danny? What happened? Are you hurt?" his grandmother rushed out.

Danny shook his head "this is Stiles, I know him from school. He called me and when he didn't say anything I tracked his phone and found him on the side of the road like this, but I'm fine thank you Tutu..."

She smiled warmly at him before both his grandparents got to work grinding paste and getting bandages. Danny came from a long line of healers, mainly natural healing but there was a tiny bit of magic involved. Danny's grandfather handed him a cup of tea that would ease Stiles' pain, so he woke Stiles again and ushered the cup to his lips muttering "drink, it'll help with the pain. What did this to you?"

Danny could only just hear the faint grumbled of Ghoul before he repeated it to his grandparents before placing a calming hand through Stiles hair and whispering its okay Stiles, youre safe. Well take care of you

He was nodding but before he let his head fall he muttered tell dad Im with you for a while, dont tell the pack anything

Danny had put Stiles phone in his pocket but kept it there as he helped Stiles out of his clothes, leaving him in just underwear as the family really took in the damage. Stiles back was purely shredded skin with blood dripping out, his legs and arms had smaller cuts and bruises that could be dealt with later.

The family worked together with minimal words, applying paste and bandages to his back then the smaller cuts and bruises before they stepped back to admire their work. Stiles was practically covered in paste and bandages, but it would help him heal quicker which is what he needed to get through this. Dannys grandfather placed a strong hand on Dannys shoulder you go have a shower, get the blood off of you then come back down to your friend, we will watch over him until then.

Danny was grateful as he rushed to the bathroom and under the hot rush of water, scrubbing Stiles blood from his body but mainly from his hands as he replayed the afternoon. He didnt know for sure who was in Stiles pack, but he was sure Scott would be in it.

He made a note to talk to Stiles about it as he dried and changed into grey sweatpants, a white long sleeved top and socks, making sure to grab his and Stiles phones before making his way down to the basement. His grandparents were slowly cleaning so he said low enough not to wake the sleeping boy Ill clean up down here, thank you both for your help if you werent here I dont know if I could have-

His grandmother placed a warm kiss on his cheek and smiled you would have been able to save the boys life. You dont need us for anything more than an extra pair of hands.

Danny would never admit it, but the old lady was right. They both said their goodnights as Danny starts to clean up, checking the time and making sure to set a silent alarm for two hours.

When the alarm went off Danny make some more tea before waking Stiles up calmly. He helped Stiles sit up, so he was slightly kneeling on the bed as he drank his tea I texted your father as you, said you were staying here for a week or so to work on schoolwork though I dont think he really believes it.

Stiles smiled slightly at his fathers doubt then it turned to a fright as he remembered everything that had happened. He had tears welling in his eyes as Danny took the now empty cup and muttered do you want to tell me what happened?

Stiles sighed but nodded and told his story, from the pack not believing him to the pack not trusting him enough and thinking hes dead weight. Then he spoke about needing to prove himself and venturing into the caves alone to kill the ghoul and how the ghoul attacked when he tripped, then he mentioned the light and feeling to get to the road which caught Dannys attention.

Danny vowed that the pack were no good anyway and that Stiles wouldnt be speaking to or thinking of them while he was healing which made Stiles smirk. Stiles was shocked as Danny promised to be there for Stiles as friend and protector from now on because the pack obviously doesnt care to be- especially not Scott.

Stiles drifted to sleep listening to Dannys words of frustration spoken in such a calm tone.