2

Luke Hemmings was getting ready to go on a tour of, what he felt like was, the town home of his dreams. But of course- with his luck, his most loyal client texts him and asks to push their work out to thirty minutes from now. Luke quickly texted Michael, asking him (or rather begging), to be a stand-in Luke for the house tour. And of course, Michael sent him a picture of his middle finger. And then a text that said yes.

Luke had been desperately searching for a place to move in as his current roommate was made in hell. He was a compulsive liar and only ever wore Luke's clothes. Luke was convinced he emptied his closet when he saw what Luke liked to wear. And not to mention, in their shared bathroom, there was only ever one toothbrush- Luke's.

Michael sent Luke the most useless pictures, like a selfie of him in the bathroom, Ashton's shoelace and the view from the balcony. It only made sense that he had to call him to get feedback on the house.

"I think you'll like it a lot." Michael said, "Ashton seems chill, and gay."

"I guess that's good?" Luke replied

"The chill part? Or the gay part?" Michael replied

"The chill part." Luke replied, But also the gay part? Like, not particularly the gay part but it's not a bad thing that he's gay. It's also not a good thing that he isn't gay."

"You're dumb" Michael replied.

"Whatever, is the place nice?"

"Yeah super nice, I think you should text him so you can move in. I'll send you the actual pictures."

Luke's phone began vibrating violently with notifications from Michael. He flipped through the pictures and made his decision to text Ashton so he could move in.

"Also, weren't there a lot of contact slips missing? You should contact him soon."

So Luke did just that, he pulled up Ashton's number and started a new message.

Hi, this is Luke. I'm really interested in the room you have available. Michael came by earlier to tour for me

He gets a reply not even two minutes later.

Sweet, when's the soonest you can move in?

Whenever you want me to

How's next weekend sounding?

Sounds great!

We can meet up sometime this week to sign papers and whatnot

Okay! I'm free Wednesday at 2pm

That works for me too

Can't wait, have a goodnight.

"Well Michael, I'm not homeless anymore."

"You were never homeless." Michael scoffs.

"Mentally I was."

Luke couldn't decide what was more fitting, homeless or prisoner. His roommate was quick to make Luke feel not at home (homeless), but he also made Luke feel trapped (prisoner)

Ashton and Luke had agreed to meet up at the townhome to get everything settled before moving in. Luke tried everything to shake the jitters before getting out of the car. His worst fear is that Ashton is horrible and gross and is going to vomit in his bed like his current roommate.

Luke was dressed in a simple outfit, black ripped jeans, a flannel that was mostly buttoned up and a leather jacket. He worried if he was overdressed. That's also why he settled for simple converse over his leather boots.

Luke hadn't moved homes in years, and it felt like the deal with Ashton's place was made specifically for him. The last place he moved from was his mum's. He had definitely outgrown his childhood room (and bed that she refused to throw out because of memories). And also because Luke couldn't stand seeing his brothers everyday. He loves them but he refuses to go through all of the youngest sibling bullying.

He didn't know what to expect from Ashton at all. He could be smelly. Or a murderer. Or he could be really really strict and have lights out at 6PM before Luke has even gotten home from work. Luke's phone pings with a text from Michael.

Ur probs worrying rn but stop. Ashton isn't a murderer, I went home alive and well the day of the tour.

How did you know I was worrying

Because I know u. We've been best friends for years now. Now, stop worrying and go sign your lease.

Luke decided that he had waited far too long in his car. He got out and locked his car and made his way up the stairs to the front door. He knocked and waited for a response. He contemplated knocking again but couldn't decide if that was what he wanted to do. Luckily, before Luke's mind could make up more crazy scenarios, Ashton opened the door.

Luke's jaw almost dropped at the sight of the boy before him. He had honey colored curly hair that fell perfectly in his face and bright hazel eyes. Ashton's appearance was something that Michael didn't warn him about. Then again, nothing could prepare him for it. He was almost sure that Ashton was the most beautiful man he had ever seen.

"You must be Luke. The name's Ashton."

And then he smiled.

And Luke got the wind knocked out of him.

Ashton had dimples. Now Luke was sure he was the most beautiful man he had ever seen.