12

June 1st

June 1st

It's his birthday. the day where he came to the world and made (Y/n)'s own world brighter.

Waking up early and getting dressed, (Y/n) quickly walked through the estate so she could get ready for his day. as she was about to make a sharp turn, a voice made her halt her steps.

"What are you doing up so early, my dear?"

(Y/n) turned only to see her grandmother sipping warm tea while kneeling. she just looks so serene as she gently blew the tea before taking a small sip. her grandmother was always the calm one between her and her grandfather. she's the one that always make sure her children are well fed and won't get sick during the cold. though she doesn't have much power between the head of the clan, she still has some representation in the clan.

"I-I was actually about to go to the market."

Her grandmother smiled, "why don't you let lord Ayato accompany you? i'm sure he would love to take you."

The mention of the Kamisato lord made (Y/n) stiff, she didn't want Ayato involve since she planned on going alone, "i'm sure h-he's busy and all."

Before her grandmother could respond, her grandfather walked in, "nonsense, he may be a busy man, but he will make time for you as your fiancé."

That's how she ended up walking with the lord. he was gracefully looking around many shops while (Y/n) just followed. she specifically wanted to go to a flower shop so she could pick up some bouquet of flowers for the birthday boy.

It has been a tradition for (Y/n) to give flowers to Itto on his birthday. she remembers the way his eyes would lit up and would tackle the poor girl in a big embrace with a kiss on the temple as a thank you. then the two would spend the whole day together whether it be having a meal, betting with little kids for their snacks, or go star gazing at night.

Despite walking around with her lovely fiancé, the whispers and glances were unnecessary.

"Oh my! is that lord Ayato?"
"He's so handsome!"
"Can't believe lord Ayato is here!"
"He must be a busy man, but is taking his time to walk around."
"Oh to marry a man like him!"

(Y/n) lowered her head, hoping no one will recognize her as she still walked by the Kamisato lord. until she felt a hand on her lower back which made her freeze. she moved her gaze to familiar pale blue eyes who held concern in them, "are you alright, lamb?"

The said girl could only nod and looked around the area, until she spotted the flower shop in the corner. gazing back at her fiancé, she gripped his sleeve.

Ayato looked back and saw (Y/n) nervously smiling at him, "c-could you get me something sweet? i'm just suddenly craving for something sweet." she lied.

Her fiancé gave a warm smile, "of course, though it might take awhile since there seems to be a long line." as he look at the long line of people waiting outside for the bakery shop.