Part 75

Everyone drove off to Mahabaleshwar in their respective cars. Radhika accompanied Manik and Nandini.

Nandini sat beside Manik talking to Radhika rather occasionally answering her as he drove the car.

"Chachi, is Mahabaleshwar beautiful?" asked Radhika playing with her doll.

"Yes baby" replied Nandini.

It were just these occasional words from Nandini or else she had not even looked at Manik in a while.

'It was not that big of an argument. Itna kyu chidh rahi hai ye' thought Manik as he continued driving

'Why am I even angry at him? Annoy hi to kar raha tha roz karta hai. Ughh its just these mood swings taking a toll on me' reasoned Nandini. When on her dates,not always did she have too cranky mood swings. She was fortunate over this but today, it was not the same.

It took 4 hours 28 minutes to reach Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai. 2 hours had passed already. Radhika was fast asleep in Nandini's lap. Manik had all his attention towards Nandini, he just made sure it was not evident. He also was aware that if Radhika would be in that same position on her laps, it would tire her off. Manik stopped the car at the side of the road ,up the mountains. He looked at Nandini who was looking at her already with questioning eyes. Manik got down the car opening his side of the door welcoming cool and fresh air inside the car,how beautiful it felt. He further went towards Nandini's side and opened the door confusing Nandini even more.

"What?" asked Nandini as he stood infront of her.

"Radhika must be uncomfortable here,lets put her in the backseat" suggested Manik while Nandini nodded at him. Manik opened his arms as he bended to pick up Radhika leveling  down right in front Nandini's face as they had an eye lock. He covered Radhika with the blankets they had in the car and made her sleep comfortably.

"Do you wish to come out? Its quite nice out her" said Manik taking in the beautiful aura of the greens around. Long drives are really fun,both Manik as well as Nandini were fans of travelling by car.

Nandini came out and surely, it felt surreal. She admired the beauty with closed eyes as Manik's eyes were on her. He leaned closer and dropped a kiss over her forehead wrapping his arms around her shoulders as she smiled in serenity.

"You look pretty" said Manik genuinely. She was no less than an angel with her hair flowing in the air.

She leaned and kept her head on his shoulders. "I get too annoying at times na?" asked Manik

"Yes" said Nandini looking at him "But there's no other way I want this to be" said she kissing his jaw 

"Manik, I am  on my dates and so I was just frustrated" said Nandini while realization bestowed upon Manik. 

"Okay" replied Manik as he kissed her forehead making her smile and escorted her back to the car as they continued their journey. No sorries were exchanged and nor were they needed.

___________________

"Nandini our bags are in the second room, you can go and change" said Manik as tiredness reflected on her face. 
"You come too, freshen up and then do whatever you want to" said Nandini dragging along Manik with her as if not, he would have engrossed himself in the arrangements.

The rest were in the hall after freshening up . Malhotras had a comfortable property in Mahabaleshwar which was not too lavish but yet cozy, it had two rooms with a big , large hall connecting the rooms, a lobby that had small stairs to climb up the terrace and a beautiful large garden as well as a pool. It was strategically thought and then decided to go with a property that had less rooms but more space to chill together.

Shifting of venue was actually a task as a lot of things were left behind and obviously, guests who were to arrive in Mumbai could not have made it to Mahabaleshwar on such a short notice.

The mattresses were arranged on the floors in the hall on either sides. The warmth in t he cold weather with people around gave perfect wedding vibes. Food arrangements were done on the terrace.

"Manik, come up and have your food now, Nandini ko bhi bhook lag rahi hai beta" shouted Nyonika from the terrace as it was 10 already and the boys were still in the garden looking after the arrangements as the very next morning was the haldi which was to happen from the house only while Mehndi and wedding was to happen in a nearby resort.

Those who were done with the dinner were down in the hall leaving Nandini up while Alya and Mukti stayed back to accompany her . Nandini still sat waiting for Manik.. She was getting restless and was about to go drag Manik for his food when he came and stood right beside her looking at her with a sheepish smile. He passed a look to Alya and Mukti who went down the stairs looking at him.

"Hey" said Manik with that smile getting wider making Nandini smile too. How can someone not react to this cute boy!?

"I am so sorry to keep you waiting" said Manik as he kept the plate of food that he had brought on the table and settled beside Nandini as both of them had their dinner together.

"You are okay now?" asked Manik putting the spoon of rice in her mouth that she had nodding her head.

Both of them had their dinner quickly as everyone was down already.

___________________

"Okay so girls on the right side of the hall and boys on the left" announced Mukti as all of them were arguing over where to sleep.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Manik throwing a cushion at her while she huffed glaring at him.

Nyonika and Ishita had decided to take one room and Raj and Raman the other one to give the youngsters some privacy.

"Exactly,Mukti who even does girls and boys these days?" asked Cabir putting his hands around Navya while Navya came out of his hold and joined the girls.

"They are not wrong Cabir,roz roz thodi aise hote hai sab saath me kuch hi dino ki baat hai lets do this" said Navya while Nandini looked at Manik helplessly who sat with a clueless face.

"We are anyways in the same hall,not kilometres apart, boys be sports come on"  said Alya

"Manik what do you say?" asked Dhruv looking at Manik who in turn looked at Nandini.

Nandini nodded at him as she could not refuse to what everyone agreed upon.

"Okay fine " said Manik raising his hands up in the air succumbing to everyone's demands and laid down on his mattress.

It was 2 midnight and the girls were still whispering and chattering.

"Cabir would also be married,ye alya dhruv bhi kar hi lenge bachi main" said Mukti as the other girls laughed hearing her.

"You would also have your special one soon Mukti" said Nandini while Mukti had an unbelievable expression.

"Okay hamari kal haldi hai ham chale sone dark circles aa gaye to tum log hamse acche lagoge" said Navya as she went in the blankets and was soon asleep followed by Mukti and Alya.

Nandini was about to go to sleep too when she heard discomforting sounds from Manik's bed. She approached towards him to find him snuggling in the blankets that were comparatively thin than others and also that his bed was right beside the window that had a little opening made that area colder. She quickly rushed to her bed ,picked up her blankets and covered Manik with it providing  him the much needed warmth. Kissing his forehead and making sure he was comfortable, she went to the room where extra blankets were kept and took one for herself.