03

Why was it that the meanest people always looked so innocent in their times of vulnerability?

The man with the cold front, the rage packed heart, lay sound asleep in-front of me. It was odd, watching him not speak business or complain about his wife. Maybe he was just a normal man, with a normal life with normal problems.

I went to caress his face, run my finger along his olive skin and feel the stubble of his beard pierce my skin, but I stopped. Me and him weren't like that. We never touched unless both of us needed it. Finn came to me in times of low, and despite our complicated relationship, he held a special place in my heart for being there, taking me in.

I know everyone has issues with Finn Gray. But like I said, his vulnerability and innocence was a rare occurrence, that nobody else understood. But when I first understood it, damn did it change everything.

"It's 8 o'clock Finn" I loudly whispered and shaked his body slightly, my palm warming at the radiating touch of his broad shoulder. I couldn't help but smile , his little groans becoming more restless as he slowly woke up, rubbing his honey eyes to adjust to the sunlight creeping through the hotel window.

"When I next tell you to wake me up early I don't mean it, ok?" He grumbled and wrapped his muscular arm around my body, the both of our tanned skin complementing each other upon the white bed sheets. I snaked my arms around his neck, his floppy head resting on my chest whilst I ran my fingers through his chocolate hair, that looked so cute in the mornings.

"Don't fall asleep again" I giggle as I felt the weight of his body feel heavier and heavier upon mine, relaxed in the comfort of my long fake nails scratching the silk skin on his back.
"Work can cope without me" he mumbled in his husky morning voice, and refused to move.
"Give it an hour, you'll loose all your clients" I chuckled and watched his head lift from my chest and his eyes meet mine, his eyes the same shade as his hair. "You're right" he grinned and softly touched his lips upon mine, jumping out of the king size bed.

Again, the smile returned. His tan body, in those grey sweats and the gold chain around his neck.

Chefs kiss.

"You can have the day off." Finn said and unplugged his phone from charge, scrolling through all the business related texts.
A day off? The first day off in weeks. I must've done something right.
"You tryna get rid of me for the day?" I laughed and swept the white sheets from my body, realising the lack of clothing as soon as I did so, flashbacks from last night flooding my mind. The smile was still there. His touch still on my skin. Traces of passion marked on my neck.

"No," he grinned, turning to me and scanning my body in his shirt, and nothing else. The tall man ambled up to me, still fixing the watch on his right wrist. "Sometimes you're the only reason I get up and actually go to work" he whispered, my mind concentrating on fighting off the smile that itched to turn wider.
"Well I'm telling you now, you're gonna be late" I laughed and appreciated the beam bouncing off his eyes, his plump lips that curled into a genuine smile.

"I'll see you later?" Finn Gray asked, glaring at me in the eye. But, the glare wasn't stone cold like usual. It was warm and soft.
"You will" I whispered and closed my eyes as his lips pressed against my forehead, before the man swooped his blazer from the back of the chair, and exited the hotel room.

A day off. A DAY OFF.

I neatened up the huge bed that me and Finn had slept in and grabbed the hotel key from the bed side table, as well as my car keys. A quick text to the family group chat to say I had a day off, and immediate responses from my 2 siblings. Looks like shoppings been rescheduled to today.