A Chance to Shine

CAT

"Cat? CAT! CATARINA, GET UP!"

My sister Dove was banging on the door to my room.

"Come ON! Ari's already up! We're going to be late if you don't hurry!"

I sighed, and rolled out of my bubblegum pink sheets and fell, painfully, onto the fuzzy pink rug that was covering my medium brown hardwood flooring. I pulled myself up and headed to my closet. I tugged on the hair tie that had secured my ponytail all night, letting my red velvet cake colored hair fall loose. I opened up my wooden closet doors and looked at the various shades of pink that made up my collection of clothes. I selected a baby pink floral romper and matching pink wedges. I put on the clothes and headed into my bathroom to put on my makeup. After doing my usual makeup routine, which took about 20 minutes, I curled the ends of my hair and clipped the sides of my hair back. Then I grabbed my pre-loaded backpack and my phone and headed downstairs. I saw that my fellow triplet sisters were already sitting at the breakfast table. Ariana was wearing a cute yellow dress and some matching Keds, and her makeup and hair looked perfect, as all of us sisters' usually did. Ariana always straightens her hair. Dove, however, although she also had perfect hair and makeup, had worn some black high waisted denim shorts, and a grey crop top with black trim and the alien emoji printed on it. She had on grey knee socks and black Doc Martens. Her hair was in its natural waves, but had lavender and purple streaks of color all through it. "Did you dye those yourself?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I've watched you do your hair so many times I figured I could. Our hair is so naturally blonde that I didn't have to use bleach."

I smiled. It was awesome that my red velvet hair had inspired Dove to put in some purple.

After all of us were done eating our breakfast, we grabbed some jackets and our backpacks and headed out. "BYE CASS, BYE CONRAD!" yelled Ariana, to our nanny and butler, as we walked out the door. I took a deep breath as we saw the bus pull up at the end of our driveway. This was our first day at Kensington School for the Performing Arts. We were known all around the world as Marilyn and Christopher Valentine's teenage triplets. But this was our chance to finally be Cat, Dove, and Ariana. This was our chance to shine.