Chapter 14

On edge and exhausted.

I have tried to not only seduce that man, but somehow I'm the wife of the ship? No one will let me do anything. So far the only thing allowed, not by Damien's choice, is fishing. I have gone swimming and caught some fish for the crew to enjoy. What's worse is I want... no need more from Damien. He refuses to touch me or, when he does, touches me like I'm some empty shell washed up on the shore.

After that night he became much nicer and more cheerful. It seemed to scare the crew. I guess happy Damien was something scary. For the past two weeks, the crew including my sister has been on edge. My sister's reason was a whole lot different though.

I could see her body practically vibrating. Her body needed to change and feel the water. Yet I couldn't tell why she wouldn't.

" Andrianna" I tried to run after her but she kept dodging me.

Finally fed up I went to the one person she couldn't hide from. So I changed into my little dress Damien liked that hugged all my curves. Killing two fish with one stone.

Walking up to Damien I readied my charm. He was too busy discussing where to go next he didn't notice me till I was practically on top of him.

"Hello Damien" I smile.

He turns and is about to speak when I see him look me up and down. I smile genuinely happy to see a change in his person.

" you like?" I give him a little spin. When I looked back up at him I could see the conflict in his eyes... and it seemed I was winning. He was deeply breathing and seemed to be holding himself back. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see some of the crew slowly backing off the main deck or preceding to busy themselves with chores. It seems like I wasn't the only one waiting on something to happen.

"I think I know where to go next." He looked at me finally with a more calm stance.

"and where is that love?"

"paradise" I didn't give him a chance to speak as I started speaking again but moved to the edge of the ship to get away from prying ears.

" I think it would be good for a break. the crew has been working really hard and Adri..... " my gaze became more concerned as I spoke about my sister.

"she needs to shift. She is on edge and needs to let her tail grow before she loses who she is." I drifted off but caught myself. I felt Damien's hand wrap around my waist.

"ok... we all do need some rest. we have more than enough loot to last a year's worth of lavish. A few weeks wouldn't hurt..." I smile as he mumbles off something about going soft. I giggle and turn to him frowning and walking off to command the ship.

"oh, and captain?" Damien turns around so quickly with a startled expression. His eyes were full of so much curiosity and concern I had to laugh.

"you know with this break we could have time together... also maybe another full moon?"

His eyes turned dark and my skin lit on fire. Without another word, it seemed that the Great Captain Damien was back. He barked his orders to the crew and we were off. I smiles when I saw my sister a few feet away squinting her eyes at me.

"I think the captain is calling."

With that, I had more bounce in my steps as I made my way to our room.

........................................................................................

Three long weeks I had to wait. The tension between Damien and I had grown into mountains. The touches grew as the day counted up. Each kiss grew deeper and my body needier. He would touch me but it wasn't enough and he knew that. This new Damien was a pirate ... no... captain. He was growing into someone new and I think everyone but him could see. He was amazing. Even the crew finally started to settle and even feed off Damien's energy.

As we lowered the anchor and walked onto the land I pulled Adrianna straight to the water. I could practically feel the confusion rolling off of her. Once I got to the edge of the water I spun around and stood my ground as best I could.

"You need to shift." As soon as the word left my mouth she tried to argue with me. keyword tired. What I didn't notice was Damien behind us.

"This is an order. You are my right-hand man. I expect perfection. You're not perfect when you're agitated and being overly aggressive to the crew. We lead with loyalty, not fear."

I was stunned. I see why the crew respected him. He leads with a dominant aura and I can't help when my cock starts to twitch.

All thoughts fly away though when I see my defeated sister. I grab her hand and walk her to the water and we sit in the sand. The water splashes onto our bellies as we sit in silence. As we sit I can tell that she misses home. She doesn't have to utter a word. The emotions are rolling off her like the waves of our seas. She loves the pirate life but she will always belong to the sea.

I smile and stand up casually loosening my clothes till I have enough room to shift and I do. I can feel Damien's gaze on my back but now isn't the time. I move all the way out of my clothes and lay down so the water moves around me. My sister smiles at me and I see her move to do the same. I already know what is to happen. She needs my support.

I know we can both feel the gaze of the crew from a good distance away. Everyone was waiting to see. She began to shift but I could tell it was painful. It always was the longer we denied who we are. She stood strong like she Always does. Never batting an eye. When the shift is over the rest of her clothes are thrown aside and I see my beautiful smiling sister. She turns to the crew who seem to have made some noise . Their right hand man just turned into a beautiful mer. No one can look away.

While my sister slipped away to show off I looked to Damien. I had some worries. The same fear that seemed to follow me with men I liked....am I enough. I was so scared to see him looking at her. I was scared to see regret when he looked at me... but that's not what I found. I found him looking at me with ... everything? His eyes showed me he was proud? I didn't understand but he was looking at me and that's all I needed. He was all I needed.

My sister and I swam for hours. Most of the crew joined us for an hour or so before they grew tired. Into the night her and I swam till the sun faded into darkness. I missed my sister and the water. More than I realized.

We made it to shore and sat as the waves crashed into us.

" thank you for everything "

I looked to my sister and saw pure happiness.

" I will always be here for you ... just promise me you won't go that long ever again... we are people of the sea. The ocean is our home. For you the pirate life is too so create a balance."

" when did you get so wise?"

I rolled my eyes at Adrianna's question and laughed.

" since you became a pirate"
We laughed as she grabbed a shirt from Damien who magically appeared in front of us.

I looked up at him in awe. He was amazing. My tail tingled as I looked behind him and saw the moon almost to its fullest. He was mine and I was his.

" seems it's time I take my leave. I'll be in the downstairs bedroom."

She smirked and walked off. A huge blush found it's way to my cheeks. 

Suddenly I was scooped up in his arms and we quickly made our way to the house. Damien leaned down and whispered in my ear.

" you're mine. Those men... looking at you like they could have you .." I gulped knowing what was to come.

My list filled brain didn't realize we made it to the house till I hit my bed. Damien looked at me tail and all taking me in.

" one day I will have you in this beautiful form, but for now shift for me princess.... I want all of you ."