Part 1

I was walking toward the fourth floor of the building. I finally came here after a friend of mine recommended me to this place. Actually, I lost my beloved pet cat two weeks ago. I was trying to find her all the time and even used various methods.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find my cat and it was devastating for me. My pet cat, Luna, was a white coloured cat that had been with me for 5 years already. I loved her so much to the point I didn't care how much effort I needed to find her. And that was how my friend told me about this private detective agency.

Actually, I was nervous about going to this type of agency. I meant...This type of agency appeared in the shows, right? They were usually paid for solving criminal cases, searched for evidence and....did stalking other people was a part of their job scope as well?

And I can't pull my action back. I already walked the stairs towards their office. I hoped they wouldn't mind helping me for finding a cat. After all, it was a minor task, wasn't it?

Ohh... I felt so nervous right now. In my head, I imagined a group of serious-looking people who were discussing serious topics. With their detective hats. With their detective coats. With their sunglasses.

And here I was, finally reached the front door. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Excuse me? I'm here for..."

"Welcome to the Armed Detective Agency! What can we help you?" Said a bright female voice.

That was fast.

"Oh, hello. I'm here for a job request," I answered her fluently. Good. I already practised it so many times on my way here.

"Thank you for choosing our agency. Please seat here," said the female staff while leading me to the guest corner. "May I ask what kind of job it is?"

"I want to find my lost pet cat."

"Noted. I will reach the currently available detective," said the female staff again without missing her bright smile. Then, she went away into the deeper part of the office.

The office was not so big. Actually, I could hear what they have talked about if they were loud enough. That was how I heard this conversation of that female staff with someone.

"Dazai-san, Dazai-san! Please wake up!"

"Hmm...?" Said a male voice that sounded so sleepy.

"There a client here with a job request."

"Go ask other people...." said the guy with no spirit.

"But, you are the only one here. Others already went for their jobs."

"But... I'm sleepy..."

"You can sleep at home." The girl scolded him.

Whoa, who was the guy? He actually dared to sleep in the working hours? Did someone never scold him?

"Dazai-san. We got a lady as a client today trying to find her lost cat," said the staff as an ultimatum.

I heard the stretching voice.

"I couldn't be helped. Let this coolest detective do his job in one day."

"That's the spirit, Dazai-san!"

Then, I heard the footsteps walk towards me. Soon, I saw a brown-haired man appeared before me.

All of my imagination about private detectives smashed. Wasn't he quite young and good-looking?

He sat down on the seat in front of me.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Dazai Osamu and I will be on your service today." Said the guy with a beautiful smile.

He didn't look like someone who had just woken up from sleep, didn't he?

"My name is (y/n). I'm here for a job request." I said while pulling out the professional smile as I practised earlier. But this man could made a better version than me.

"May I ask you what kind of job it is?"

"I'm trying to find my cat. Here is her picture," I said while trying to reach my phone. I opened my gallery and searched for the picture.

I tried to show it to him. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and started to caress it.

"My beautiful goddess. You might be the death goddess I'm trying to search for. How about we commit double suicide together?"

Eh?

The man was glowing with sparkles while talking nonsense. Just what's up with this guy?

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO FLIRT WITH THE CLIENT!"

A stern, manly voice shouted, coming from my back. And then, a thick file slammed the guy's face from far away.

Like... Eh?!