The Kidnapper Who Stole My Heart

"Come on, let's go. I've got you some ice cream..."

Mina may be six, but she wasn't stupid.

"No."

"Please? Let's go-"

"NO! I DON'T WANNA!"

Before she could even turn to run back to the playground, the man grabbed onto her arm, effectively stopping her escape.

Mina felt her chest tighten, and let out a scream.

The man gasped and pulled her into his chest, tightening his hold around her waist to hoist her up. She was screaming, kicking, and crying, refusing to follow, calling out for help.

The ice cream was long forgotten as the man hurriedly walked away, angling his face away from the young girl's punches.

But before he could turn the corner, or she could let out another blood curling scream, a hand stopped the man's movement.

"Excuse me sir- what do you think you're doing to the poor girl?"

The man gulped, eyeing the policeman who probably had been scouting the area. He had tattoos on his knuckles, and from the short movement of his sleeve riding up revealed more under the uniform.

Are policemen allowed to have tattoos nowadays?

"Um- uh... she uh-"

Mina screamed again, wiggling in the man's tight hold.

"She's my daughter- yes! And I'm just trying to get her home for-"

"NO! NO LET ME GO!"

The man flinched at the loud screaming, but that was enough to get the policeman to tighten his hold on the man's shoulder. He dragged the man backward, and by then, another police officer had stepped forward, and in the shock, he grabbed the girl away from the man, and the policeman with the tattoos immediately grabbed his arm to twist it at the back.

"Kidnapping in broad daylight? Bad luck. You're under arrest-"

"Wait! No- please!"

"Too late sir- you're coming with us."

Apparently, the whole commotion got a lot of people's attention, and a lot of them were clapping as the policeman walked the guy into the police car, while the other one with Mina held her gently to soothe her crying. People were even recording, but the arrested man was too stunned and too scared to say anything, and just went along.

---