Break My Heart(pt-6)

4 YEARS LATER,

Loud music buzzing through the whole club with people dancing and screaming under the neon lights. Going wild. It's Saturday night. Of course, people will come here to lose their shits, dumping all their stress with some alcohol and dances as tomorrow is the off day, Sunday. The mindset of people is the same, kind of everywhere even if it's South Korea or New York.

Positioning the glass of iced whiskey near his lips, Jungkook took a sip, gazing at the crowd from his seat on the bar section. As he eyed the crowd, he could see himself dancing wildly with grabbing some girl flash against him. His old self. Chuckling a bit he shook his head. How naive he was that time! Now that he looks back at his past he calls himself silly. Well, that's fine. His previous version is what helped him to reach his present self. They are the same though. Just now this Jungkook is more calm, patient, and collected. He has moved on from his shits-

"Excuse me?"

Jungkook looked up in the direction from where the voice came from. There stood a pretty foreign girl, smiling down at him. Dressed in a tight black leather shorts that is complimenting her thighs well with a fitting off-shoulder green exposed blouse. Tucking some strand of her golden shiny hair behind her ears, she flashed Jungkook a flirty smile.

"Can I buy you a drink, handsome?" She said fluttering her eyelashes in the process. Staying here Jungkook already knows what's she looking for. The girl is indeed very pretty. A total catch that could be a nice fuck. Also because Jungkook didn't get laid in a while, it would be pretty nice. But-

"Thanks. But I have one already." Jungkook said smiling back, lifting his glass a bit, swirling the drink in the process to show her.

And she got the hint that he isn't interested. Huffing she left the place, disappearing into the crowd. Jungkook looked away, gulping the drink in one go before the bartender filled his glass. That wasn't supposed to be his answer. He was supposed to flirt back, offering to buy her a drink instead and he could have gotten laid.

He should get bored with his weekly routine to come here every Saturday to drink before going to his apartment, showering and sleeping afterward. That's what he has been doing for 3 years... But Jungkook doesn't want to. Even after moving on from every aspect of his previous self, Jungkook still hasn't moved on from Seokjin.

Seokjin.

It's been 4 years since Jungkook decided to move on with his life. Have a fresh start, dumping his anger, regrets, and all emotions that was holding him back. Seokjin once taught him to move on. It's Seokjin that made him believe he can be a better person, can achieve things on his own when Jungkook was so damn much insecure about his worth. Seokjin said he sees the capability in him.

"Don't think less of yourself, Jungkook-ah. You are capable, you are worthy. Just believe in yourself. Trust me you will see changes."

And Jungkook always trusted Seokjin so after that incident, he decided that it was time to let go and change. Seokjin is happy with his family and he should let them be. He tried. Trust him, he did! He finished his degree in New York. Now works as a designer in a renowned company, 'Vogue'. And Seokjin was right. Jungkook is capable when he believes in himself and even without his father's fame, he is an individual that's known by many.

Even though it's a new Jungkook, bright like a star, shining with grace and class, Untouchable. Can get anywhere he wants, anything he wants including anyone. But still, his heart belongs to that one person. even after trying for a year, being with different persons, he couldn't let go of Seokjin. so, he accepted the truth and stopped seeing others. Maybe this is his fate. Ending up alone and broken hearted. Fixing his broken heart to get it broken again.

But he is content with having Seokjin on his mind who is still on his memory. Fresh and alive like the nature after rain. Perfect like the spring that brings happiness and calmness to every person's face. He remembers the brown almond eyes, the flawless skin that he still looks at but only through the screen.

Every day Jungkook stares at Seokjin's picture that he took when Seokjin was working in the bar, doing something, or just posing for him. And Jungkook stares like a creep at all the lines and structure of the latter's face. His lips, nose, to his eyes, engraving every detail in his brain even though it's already engraved. Jungkook didn't wish for much. He is happy just looking at his picture. Even though he misses him so much, craves to see him that he feels like dying. But he is happy as long as Seokjin is happy.

Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Jungkook opened his gallery, clicking on the folder named 'Him.' And the picture of Seokjin opened holding his daughter, sticking his tongue out at her and beside them, Jisoo just stands, smiling at them. It's a filling family picture to look at. Jungkook smiled. He opened Seokjin's profile on Instagram that he follows secretly, hoping there might be any update but no. There isn't. it's been a year since Seokjin last posted. Jungkook sighed.

'Did Seokjin find out I have been stalking him? Or did he start a new account? Is he ok?'

Jungkook's thoughts ran wild. It's been a whole year since he didn't get any news about Seokjin. But nothing he can do without hoping and waiting. He promised himself he won't interfere with Seokjin's life again. Jungkook sighed pressing the heel of his palm over his eyes and that's when his phone started ringing. Glancing at the contact he squinted his eyes. It's a Korean number. Weird. none should have found his number. he made sure of that but seems like someone did eventually. at the last ring, Jungkook picked up.

"Yes?"

"Y-Young master." The voice wavered a little as the person spoke. And after a bit of confusion, Jungkook recognized the voice. It's his caretaker. The one who brought him up from his childhood.

"Rin?" Jungkook asked confused and unsure. and the voice broke down. Silently Jungkook heard her cry until she spoke again and the words rang in Jungkook's ear as his heart clenched with agony.

"Jungkook- Master Jeon is no more Jungkook-ah." Rin whispered through her sobs but Jungkook heard her loud and clear. And he wished he didn't. The phone slipped out of Jungkook's hold, crashing in the floor, the 'thud' sound was absored by the loud music buzzing in the background that Jungkook couldn't hear anymore. Voices and music around him turning into white noises as he felt his eyes sting.

He didn't get to say goodbye to his only family.

.
.
.
.

To Be Continued

.
.
.

Sorry, guys. Not the last chapter. I just got lost in Jungkook's feelings. 🌚

And How is everyone doing??👀