chapter 10

Thinking of watching how she left her little girl, Sarah remains seated in her car. She's wearing a pair of black jeans and a grey button shirt. Her hair is up in a bun and she's wearing short ankle boots. The peaceful look of a sleeping child is all she can see. Lilly can't get to Rachel. Not now, not ever. Sarah gets out of the car when another one stopped in front of her. They are parked down a quiet street where there's barely any movement.
Lilly gets out of the car and approaches her as well.
"Should I follow?" Sarah asks and folds her arms.
"Get in," Lilly says and shows to her car.

Richard stared at the empty bed shaking his head slowly. Everything was so perfect at that moment and now? Now she's gone.
"They found her car," the tall man says entering the room. Richard looks at him nodding his head slowly. "But there's no trace of her."
"Can't you locate her phone?" Richard asks hopelessly.
"They're on it," Dale, the tall man replies and approaches Richard. He touch his shoulder worried. "We'll find her, Richard."
"I wanted you to meet her, Dale," Richard says and take a seat on the bed looking down helplessly. "What if something happens to her? You never had the chance to get to know her as we do."
"Richard, if she sees me...she will be shattered. Life has a way of twisting things around to be prevented or allowed," Dale says and inhales deeply. "Anyway, I'll go check out how far they got and if there's any update."
Richard nods his head. The fastest Richard has ever been was to grab his phone when his messenger went off. He looks at the message and then at Dale.
"It's Sarah. She says she's with Lilly," he says. Dale's eyes grow round.
"What phone does she have?" he asks.

Sarah looks at the quiet road then at Lilly that just sat there staring ahead of her.
"I'm just trying to figure out why this is so important to you," Sarah says and sits back crossing her arms.
"Do you love Richard?" Lilly asks. Sarah inhales deeply.
"Of course. At some point, I hated him so much that I was still willing to take him back. What a fool am I, right?"
"I hope you kissed him goodbye," Lilly says taking a turn. Sarah gives her an odd look.
"What do you mean?" she asks. Lilly stops her car and grabs her phone. "You set me up? Lilly!"
Lilly gets out of the car and looks around. Sarah opens her side of the door and gets out as well
"You know, I'm such a fucking fool for falling in your trap all the time!" Sarah yells at her. "I did this to protect my daughter which you had no right to threaten! I want you out of our lives, Lilly!"
"Shut up!" Lilly screams at her and approaches her in anger. "Stop victimizing yourself! I'm supposed to be with Richard! I'm supposed to have your kids. Not you! You don't deserve them!"
"Your crazy!" Sarah screams at her. "Lilly, you need help. This is a crazy obsession that needs handling."
"Crazy? What makes me crazy Sarah Dixon? The fact that I lied about us. The fact that I was never raped by my dad? The fact that no one ever loved me!"
Sarah's face turns pale. Lilly laughs sarcastically and shakes her head.
"You know, I tried to seduce him. Both Richard and my dad. So many times," she says and inhales deeply. "That night my dad was busy screwing you, I felt so angry. It should've been me. I wanted his love."
"Lilly, you need help," Sarah starts crying. She touches Lilly's shoulders.
"You're not even biologically related to me," Lilly says and pushes Sarah back. "It's made up. I know you're wondering about who your parents are. I don't give a fuck. I really had you back then, didn't I."
"I'm honestly relieved," Sarah whispers and drys up her tears looking at Lilly. "You had me convinced. I tried to be nice to you, but I can't anymore. You know, Richard and I got together last night. After you confronted me, I went to his house. We made love and...it was magical. Even if death separates us, we will find a way back together."
Sarah steps closer to Lilly that walks backward slowly.
"You're filthy!" Lilly yells at her. "Richard doesn't love you."
"I'm just glad you spoke the truth, Lilly," Sarah says. Lilly looks behind Sarah then back at her. "Before I forget. I never had an abortion."
Completely off guard, Lilly feels the sudden energy in Sarah's arms that pushed against her shoulders. It's like Sarah's is out of her body. Lilly gasps and tries to grab Sarah, but all she can do is watch Lilly fall backward off the cliff. Lilly's scream echoes. Sarah turns around and looks into the older man that stands there horrified.
"You killed my daughter," he starts to cry and walk to the clift. Sarah winks a few times when he looked up at her. He grabs her by the neck and starts screaming and yelling at her. The look in his eyes takes her back to that night she slept next to Lilly being woken by his heaviness.
Suddenly they're surrounded by the police. Sarah can't get her eyes off him. He lets go of her only when Dale pulled him off her and handcuffed his hands behind his back.
"Sarah," Richard runs to Sarah and grabs her in his arms.
"I killed her," Sarah whispers. Richard's eyes grow round. Can this be the last time he'll hold her? She looks up at him and he at her. "Richard, I killed Lilly. I pushed her."
Richard kisses her forehead and places his against hers. She inhales deeply and closes her eyes for a split second.

***
Sorry for the wait and the terrible short dramatic chapter.
The story has come this far, everything had to happen to reach the climax.

Thank you for the comments that have me going and the votes.
I love you all so much!!!!