Chapter 4-Inpatient patience

Long after Wordgirl had already gone back to wherever her home was and Tobey had put his robot away, he thought about what she had said while laying in his bed.
Some kind of smaller robot to make a smaller heart? It sounded way to small for him, but also he felt the need to go small. He really didn't want to create a scene and he knew he'd get an earful from his mother if he destroyed stuff.
"Best to get to work right away then."
Tobey got up and walked towards his work desk. He really didn't have to do a lot. Take some blueprints from when he first made FRBF since it was a simple and small bot, and then program it to do basic arts and crafts. It might not even have to function at all, Tobey could just have the robot hold it without moving an inch, though he knew he should still make it functional for Becky. Just to show he actually put in the effort. To show he actually cared about her.
He took all the metal and nuts and bolts and all his other items needed to build this robot. To most people this would seem extremely difficult. In fact they'd probably give up as soon as they saw all the parts needed, but Tobey had done this so many times it might only take him about 2-3 hours if he didn't take a break.
"This will take a long time, FRBF. You wanna help me out?"
The robot just quickly into the closet where it first appeared.
"Thanks." Tobey said with a frown.
————————————
After working with no break for about two hours Tobey was finally finished. The robot was about two feet tall and had wheels instead of legs like FRBF. It also had different hands from its regular robots since it would have to craft a heart. Finally, Tobey had made the little antenna on top a heart. It wasn't an important detail and didn't need to be added to function, but still, Tobey felt it was needed.
"Well, It's finally done" Tobey said to himself with a sigh. "FRBF, you wanna come out yet to meet the new bot?"
This caused a whirring sound to occur before FRBF finally rolled out of the closet. Tobey placed the new unnamed robot on the floor so FRBF could take a look. Tobey really couldn't tell if FRBF had negative or positive thoughts on it but he just wanted someone to see it before he gave it to Becky.
"All this for a girl I just found out I liked. Is that what love does to you?"
If FRBF could, it would've rolled its eyes. It couldn't so it just stood still waiting for Tobey to bring his attention back to the robot.
"Sorry FRBF, what's the matter with the new bot?"
FRBF started to make a rectangular shape on its chest. Unlike figuring out his crush, he was easily able to figure out what FRBF meant right now.
"Right! It does need a proper name doesn't it? That's a pretty big choice though.." Tobey said while his brain wondered, thinking of possible names.
First real crush bot? No FRBF would definitely get mad at that one. Confession bot? Too straightforward. Heart bot? Didn't seem right since he put heart shaped in all his bots.
Suddenly he had it.
"BILY!" Tobey shouted a bit too loudly. He truly hoped his mother hadn't heard that or else she'd be taking this new bot away.
FRBF turned its head in a confusing way as if to ask what is a BILY?
Tobey took this as a chance to respond with "Well it may be a bit corny but uh..It stands for.." he took a quick inhale before "Becky I Love You?"
FRBF wished it could have facial expressions in recent times due to how cheesy this kid was. He couldn't hate him for it though, humans have complex emotions that bots just don't.
Tobey was obviously very happy with his creation. He wanted to test it out, to see if it could handle its purpose, to even see if it had the same personality as his first bot.
Before he could he suddenly got a shiver.
"I really shouldn't. It's for Becky so obviously she gets to use it first. Plus I'm sure it works perfectly! Just needs some wires near it to work."
Another side of Tobey was worried about this robot. Now that it is finished he could confess in a creative way, like Wordgirl said, but he also knew that now it was created it was easier for him to confess. Now that the confession was around the corner, he wasn't sure if he should go through with it.
"Maybe I should hold off for a bit. Valentines is more romantic right? Plus why would anyone actually confess on a random day! That just shows laziness, right? Too lazy to pick a perfect date! I'll pick the date and it'll be perfect. A perfect wonderful day!" Tobey rambled while FRBF shook its head for what could be seen as the a hundredth time today.
"How about this? Today is the first of February." Tobey looked at the clock. It was 9:00 pm which meant this day was almost over. "Starting tomorrow, I'll have 13 days to get to know her better and maybe work up the courage to ask her out by Valentine's Day!"
This time, FRBF didn't shake its head in disappointment. Instead it (somehow) seemed to be pleased with what Tobey had declared. Whether he would actually follow through with it? No one knew yet, but hopefully he did.
"Okay then FRBF, I guess plan "Ask Botsford Out" is ready to go. Goodnight, FRBF"
FRBF whirred and went back to the closet.

(Authors Note:
Another short one😓 sorry everyone! I luckily have a plan for the next few chapters so they should come out longer! Thank you for the massive support recently though! I deeply appreciate it!)