1. Chocolate Chip Cookies

•《|》•

•《|》•

"Good morning, kiddo," Gwenyth Rowen Crawfield's step-father says as he steps into the dining room. "Hey, how was date night?" Gwen asked as she took a bite of her toast. "it was good," Kevin said hesitantly as he sat down next to her.

"What happened?" Gwen asked seeing the clear discomfort on his face. "We ran into your dad," Kevin said before taking a slice of toast off her plate. "What did you say?" Gwen asked intrigued. "I didn't say anything. I just punched him," Kevin says as he took a bite of the toast.

"Really?" Gwen says as her mother ruffles her hair. "No, he didn't, he just awkwardly stood there till your dad let," Gwen's mother, Jessica says as she makes some coffee. "I knew you didn't do anything," Gwen says as she playfully rolls her eyes and puts her plate in the sink.

"Are you walking to school with Kyle and Tyler today?" Jess asked as she washed Gwen's plate. "I already told Andrea I would walk with her and Lexi," Gwen says as she grabs the plate and dries it off.

"Okay, just be safe and observant," Jess said as she continued to wash the cutlery in the sink. "Okay, I love you both!" Gwen shouted as she ran upstairs to finish getting ready for school. "Come on, wake up," Gwen said as she took the covers off her 13-year-old brother, Jamie.

"You have school to attend to," Gwen says as she sits on the edge of his bed. "I don't want to go to school," Jamie says as he pulls the covers back over himself. "Is there a reason why?" Gwen asked as she laid on Jamie's side to see his face. "I just don't want to," Jamie said as he tried to move Gwen off of him.

"Okay, how about this you go to school and I will take you to work with me after school," Gwen said as Jamie flipped over causing Gwen to sit up. "Really?" Jamie asked smiling. "Wait, can I come too?" Gwen's 11-year-old sister, Olivia, asks as she stands at Jamie's doorway.

"Of course and Annie will be there," Gwen says as she watches her siblings' smiles grow wider at the thought of Annie being at work. "Guys, come on, we got to school," Wyatt, the oldest of the siblings says as he grabs Olivia by the waist and swings her around. The sound of laughter and kids shouting can be heard throughout the Crawfield household.

"I'll see you later." Andrea, Gwen, and Lexi hear as Annie Sullivan walks off, leaving Kyle Townsend alone. "Hey, Did you get a part?" Gwen asked Kyle as she nudged him with her arm. "I got Puck," Kyle says turning to look at the three girls. "Oh, fun. What exactly does he do?" Lexi says jokingly as everyone starts walking to class.

"You know my brother asked the same thing," Kyle says as he walks in the middle of the three. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask, well my brother has, he just wants me to ask but is Annie single?" Gwen asked as everyone stops in their tracks and looks at Gwen.

"Wait?" Andrea asks as she starts laughing. "Okay, I know but he asked me in full confidence, so I expect an answer," Gwen said as she playfully rolled her eyes at her friends. "Yeah, She is," Kyle said as the laughing died down.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Weatherspoon. What can I get you guys today?" Gwen asked taking their order. "Can we get just to black coffees?" Mr. Weatherspoon asked as he gives her the menus. "of course," Gwen said as she walked to the bar.

"Can I have two black coffees?" Gwen asks the barista. "Thank you," Gwen said as the batista nodded they're head. Gwen waited for the drinks when she felt a tug on her skirt. "We're hungry," Jamie says looking up at his sister.

"Okay I will get you some food in a minute," Gwen said as she grabbed the two coffees. "Here you go. Is Seth okay, I didn't see him at school today?" Gwen asked as she handed the older couple their drinks. "Honey he's sick," Mrs. Weatherspoon says as she rests her hand on her arm.

"I hope he gets better," Gwen says as the older woman grabs her hands. "he will. Thank you for the drinks," The woman says as she lets go of her hands. "It's my pleasure. Well, I should let you two drink your coffee. Holler if you need me," Gwen says as she walks away to her little brother and sister.

"What are you two lovely people wanting this fine evening," Gwen asked her brother and sister who laughed at her terrible British accent. "We will like two chocolate chip cookies," Olivia said copying her sister's British accent. "Now, Now, Mother wouldn't want you to spoil your dinner," Gwen says as she tickles Olivia's side. "Please," Jamie and Olivia pleaded as they gave their sister puppy dog eyes.

"Now that doesn't usually work on me but today I'm feeling generous. Two chocolate chip cookies coming right up. Don't tell mom, our little secret," Gwen says as she points to herself and her siblings. The two younger siblings nodded as they shushed each other.

As Gwen walked away from the table and walked towards the kitchen a loud bang was heard startling everyone in the restaurant. "We will never get another offer this good!" An older gentleman says as he hits his table. "Collins, if you want to sell your store, then sell it, but Grace and I aren't ready to sell."

Gwen hears as the two older men continue to argue. "Two chocolate chip cookies please?" Gwen asked the head pastry chef, Erik. "Anything for you my dear," Erik says as he hands Gwen two chocolate chip cookies on a plate. "Thank you," Gwen says as she takes the plate and hands it to her siblings.

"Mommy we're home!" Olivia yelled as she, Gwen, and Jamie walked into their house. "Hey, kids," Samuel Richard Daniels Gwen's biological father says as he makes food in the kitchen. "I thought we were with you on Saturday," Gwen says as she helps the two kids take their shoes and jackets off.

"You are but Sarah insisted we come over for dinner." "And mom's okay with that?" Gwen asked as she bent down to be face to face with the littles. "Why don't you two go play in the playroom, huh?" Gwen says as the two kids run off to the basement. "Well, your mother isn't exactly here," Samuel says as he stops cooking. "Wow, okay, so you break into our house and start cooking food for dinner, which you're not even invited to," Gwen says as she walks toward the island. 

"This is still my house," Gwen rolls her eyes at her father. "Actually no it isn't," Gwen says as she crosses her arms. "You don't get to speak to me like that. I am your father," Samuel raises his voice causing Gwen to step back. Taking a deep breath Gwen looks up at her father stepping forward.

"No you are not, that titled, that spot in the family is already taken," Gwen says before she walks downstairs. "Hey babes," Gwen says as she sees Olivia and Jamie watching High School Musical on the projector. "Is daddy staying for dinner?" Olivia asks as she rests her head on her sisters' lap. "I don't know, Ollie," Gwen says as she plays with her sister's hair. 

•《|》•

•《|》•