Chapter 1 : Debts

You hate it here, You fucking hate it.

"Bring the booze girl !"

You will, as usual.
You try to recon why you are working here. You know you do not want to be here.
You have to, you have to get money. You have to stay in this town for a few more years, only a few more years.
It's cheap, it's gross, it's dangerous, but that's the only job you found.

Just a few more years, enough to get away, just enough to finally live.

"Is this girl deaf ? I said bring the booze lady !"

"I'm coming ! Jeez..."

You work as a barmaid in a quite popular bar, that's the least you can do to get the money you need to pay your rent, in a somewhat decent apartment.
At least you have a place to sleep and be at least a little safe.

You got the booze, the low quality booze. As usual. You hate this routine, this routine in this fucking town.
Every night you dream about leaving Bilgewater, dream about a boat, taking you away, to Ionia, Demacia, or Piltover, somewhere where you can go out without risking being killed at every step you make.

You miss the safety, you miss going on walks without having to grab on your purse or bag for your dear life, so it won't get stolen.
You miss the little talks with strangers, everyone is suspicious here, and they have every right to be.

"Here's your order, sir'."

You say with a fake smile on your face, the one you put on every day when you're working, it's more "professional" as your boss says.

And this customer is lucky you didn't spit in his damned booze bottle.

"Took you long enough."

"Won't happen again."

"I hope so, but you gotta pay for the damage now."

You can't pay, not again, you already have debts, mh... Like everyone in Bilgewater in a way...

You are not the type of person who gets noticed a lot.
You try not to make any waves, attention from pirates, bounty hunters and straight up criminals isn't really your thing.

You already have a few debts, not much, but enough for you to skip eating for a few days at the end of the month.
Your landlord isn't such a nice person, so is your boss. And now this total stranger is asking you for money as well.

You sigh, putting your hands on your hips as you speak.

" What damage?"

"You made me wait, girl."

You cackle a bit, if he really thinks you're gonna pay because he waited a minute, he can go fuck off.
He's not the first pirate here who tried to take advantage of you being a lady, or just a barmaid in general.

"That's not a damage sir, the bar is almost full, you're not the only one I need to take care of."

"Bold of you to talk to me like this. You know who I am?"

How should you know? They all look the same, fucking pirates dressed in black with evil looks on their faces, rotten teeth, golden teeth sometimes, constantly frowning except when they're drunk, red nose from the alcohol, loud, very, very, very loud...

You don't know much about pirates, actually, a few popular names here and there. You're not really interested about all this.
It's not a world you want to be a part of, bounty hunting, crimes, living on the sea, it isn't for you. You're not as brave, as careless, as cruel as them.

"I don't know who you are, and I don't care to know. You're just a client here, nothing less, nothing more."

"I'm one of Gangplank's buccaneers."