CHAPTER 4

Jimmy walked inside his bedroom and looked on his bed and saw a brown box. He opened the box and looked inside. There was a pair of black slip on slippers. The look of them Jimmy recognized and thought they looked just like the shoes that Bruce Lee wore. They were fully stitched, with reinforced heels, canvas top and strong rubber soles. 

"Not much of a gift," Jimmy said to himself. 

Jimmy sat down on his bed and put on the left slipper. He felt strange. It wasn't in any way something he could explain, but he did not feel right. Slowly he put the other one on to his other foot…..suddenly he heard glass break downstairs. Jimmy rushed down the stairs to see what the noise was. Before he reached the kitchen, his front door quickly came off the hinges and fell to the floor.

Jimmy looked, there was one of the Emperor's soldiers standing in the doorway dressed in full gear, wearing special armor with metal plates covering his chest. The soldier drew his sword quickly and started to run towards Jimmy. At a fast pace, Jimmy ran to the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan. Jimmy without any fear began having a sword fight with the soldier with a frying pan. Jimmy blocked every attempt by the soldier who was trying to cause harm with the sword. Finally Jimmy pinned down the sword on to the kitchen island counter with the frying pan and gave the soldier a quick elbow to the face, then swung the frying pan that connected with the soldier's head. 

"But what was that sound of glass breaking?" Jimmy asked himself. 

Jimmy looked to his right and noticed the window above the kitchen sink was broken. Suddenly Jimmy ducked and rolled across the kitchen floor, avoiding another sword that missed his head by an inch. There was another soldier rushing towards him. Jimmy would have peed his pants and panicked being in this type of situation. But for some strange reason, he was not phased by any of this. 

The soldier spoke in Chinese and even though Jimmy was Chinese, he was never taught to speak the language from his mother…..but right now he understood every word. Jimmy defended himself once again against a sword with the same frying pan. As they got close to the fridge, Jimmy got a hold of the arm which was holding the sword, Jimmy opened the fridge door and put force into bashing the arm against it. Once the sword was dropped, Jimmy kicked the soldier in his right knee. There was a cracking sound. Jimmy ended the fight with a kick to his face. Jimmy then grabbed the sword and walked towards the front of the house.

As he looked down at the door laying on the floor, he heard the sound of other men outside. Jimmy stepped outside and saw other soldiers standing on his lawn with their swords in their hands. Jimmy raised the sword that was in his hand and ran in their direction.