✗. 02

chapter two

chapter two.
AOUAD

NABI

"What do you want?" Gwinam said, leaning on the wall. He had his head down, avoiding looking at me in the eye.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

Honestly, if I hear him say a stupid reason, I'll tell Grandma I'm done with him.

I don't want to babysit a jerk. I'm too pretty to do that.

"Do what?" He finally looked at me. I saw how his eyes widened after knowing how close I was to him.

"Bullying students." I said.

He scoffed and pushed me. "What are you now? Saviour of the bullied? You're going to make me laugh," I rolled my eyes.

"Just answer the question, Yoon Gwinam."

"God! You're so annoying! I bully for fun, you get it?" He was furious. I clicked my tongue before stepping closer to him, making sure he'll hear what I had to say.

"You're so disappointing."

I walked away from him afterwards. I already told myself I'll stay away and stop watching after him if his reason was stupid enough.

I'm sure Grandma would understand.

I pulled out my phone to dial Grandma's number as I walked towards the school building. I'll have to get my airpods first before going to the cafeteria.

[My Nabi, why did you call?] Grandma greeted me with a cheerful voice. "Hi Grandma! I called to talk about Gwinam... Can I stop watching after him?" I went straight to the point.

There was no reason for me to not get straight to the point. Grandma deserves to know that Gwinam really changed already.

I heard her sigh from the other side of the line. [Why? What happened?] She asked, worried.

"He said he bullies people for fun. The Gwinam you took care of along with me is an asshole, Grandma. He's not the sweet child you think he was anymore."

[Nabi...] Her voice sounded sad. Suhyeok appeared from the staircase and approached me once again but I motioned him to wait.

"I'm sorry Grandma," it was all I could say. It's not like I was sad I lost a childhood friend when I already cried everyday about it last year.

[It's okay, dear. You did your best, thank you for telling me.] She ended the call right after. I put my phone back in my pocket and faced Suhyeok.

"What is it again?"

"Onjo gave me her name tag," he said showing Onjo's nametag in his hands.

"And? What did you do?" I guess Onjo grabbed the chance instead of doing it on the rooftop.

The name tag switch is such a classic but romantic move. Maybe I-sak was the one who suggested it.

"I got shocked and did nothing... Cheongsan was also there," he scratched the back of his head.

Cheongsan was there? Oh shit! I forgot that he likes Onjo!

"Did he saw what happened? Did he hear what Onjo said to you?" He shook his head. I sighed in relief.

I know Cheongsan's not dumb to not read the situation but at least he didn't hear the confession himself.

Gosh, why do people fall in love?

"You're not going to say anything?" He asked as I started to go up the stairs.

"Am I supposed to say anything?" He shook his head again and pouted. "Ah, bye~!" I waved at him and rushed upstairs.

I didn't know what he wanted me to say. I just said "bye" as it was the appropriate thing to say in that situation.

He's really suspicious and confusing these past few days.

I went to classroom and saw a few students inside. I got a few greetings and some "Hey Vice Prez!", making me smile at them in return.

After getting my airpods, I went to the cafeteria to see... chaos.

What the fuck?

edited 022522

xia speaks

had to cut it short because
episode 1 ends with the
zombies at the canteen,
episode 2 on chapter 3
next! :]