The Buffalo

Tis was on Autumn evening as any other may have been, the last of red Marbury leaves fallen and the weather chill. Their was an unsettling atmosphere when I came home that day. A silence pervaded through out the house as all that could be heard was the delicate breeze in the distance. As I put my coat up and kick off my shoes I yelled abroad for all to hear " I am home". Their was but no sound except the faint echo of my voice as it rattled the banister. I slowly crept through the house as I searched frantically for any sign of life. The house was void of all intelligent beings as far as I could see. A slow draft came in through the window, left carelessly open, as it bit my fingers. I placed my hands in my pockets as I returned searching for my family. I began to worry as I looked around. Panic filled my chest as my first thought was the worst had happened. My eyes darted from door to door. After thoroughly checking downstairs I turned toward the stairwell. My eyes remained fixated as I saw with great horror. Scratches lay along the stairs whether human or some other denizen I had no idea as it did not matter. I ran up the stairs yelling and screaming. I ran up to the end of the stairs where along the catwalk I saw a trail of blood leading along to the last door among the hallway. The door lay with great mystery as it was indented in and and looked as if something rammed into it repetitively. 

My mind turned else where, visions of my past trembling inside. Remembrances of the horrid events that plagued my childhood. I could s scarcely walk the pain was to great. Suppressed memories filling me to the brim with fright. One event in particular had created such a painful feeling to immerse throughout by body, it pulsed throughout my mind.

I stumbled toward and tried my best to focus on the task at hand. My best wasn't good enough. 

The memory continued purging my mind. I could stand it no longer, as I collapsed to the ground memories New and old filled my head. Their I was clear as day back with my father who I missed dearly. I could see my self trudging along with my father as we searched for Buffalo in the plains of the American west. We had finally found one. Their was a herd of eight or so with the youngins in the middle safe from harm. They were such graceful creatures, feeding with their young. My father crept along and motioned for me to stay. He went near the herd and shot.His bullet a clean shot to one, right into the leg. He collapsed to the ground with a heaved cry. My father yelled for me to shoot but my bullet lay astray and landed.....in my father's head. My father fell to the ground motionless. I sprang up from hiding spot in a grotto of trees and ran to his side. It was evident their was nothing I could do. The ground lay splattered in blood as his face was no longer distinguishable. 

   I contined on my way to the room my hand on the doornob. My closed as i took a deep breathe afraid of what montorsities lay ahead. As i turned the knob my head rattled and i once again collapsed to the ground. 

  I see myself walking upstairs, something gleaming in my hand yet i couldnt see what it was. I heard a child scream and a mother cry. It was my wife and daughter what is happening. My daughter yelled " no daddy, stop daddy, NOOOOOOOOO"  

 I arose from my crumpled form on the ground, wipping tears fom my eye hoping for the worst not to be true. I opened the door and was overwhelmed with a scent of horridness. I started to gag as I walked in further.

   Her voiced was muffled by screams and cries. She then ran into the room with her mother and locked the door. " let daddy in, pumpkin, ....LET ME IN". 

  I contined walking intill i saw the closet. It was stained in blood as if coming out from the inside. A knife lay stained in crimson red on the bed. I slowly approached the closet. My hand grasped the blood soaked handle of the closet and pulled.

   I saw myself ramming the door as it barely gave way. He then walked in the room as the screams grew louder and then ..... silence.  A loud thumping was heard as I could not move or see what was happening. I saw myself walk down the stairs and out the door only to walk back in a few minutes later.