HOW QUIRKLESS PEOPLE ARE QUIRKLESS

OKAY OKAY I KNOW THAT THERES THIS PINKY TOE KNUCKLE MUTATION THING THAT DETERMINES IT BUT HOW DO THEY GET THAT??? I believe it is something similar to color blindness!

If you don't know, color blindness is a recessive gene found in the X chromosome.

So my theory, as I mentioned briefly before, the quirk mutation occurred in the X chromosome. Whether that was due to radiation or evolution is beyond me, though I may touch on it at some point if I'm feeling antsy.

ANYWAYS, my guess is that the X chromosome is where the quirk mutation first occurred, however there's X chromosomes who in fact do NOT have the mutation, therefore, quirkless people. The absence in the X chromosome would be a recessive thing, so if a person had two X chromosomes with one with the mutation and one without, they would still in fact get a quirk.

Similar to how color blindness works in people.

HOWEVER, the two quirkless individuals we've known for sure are MALE. Assuming that they are cisgender males, that means that Yagi and Midoriya would have only one X chromosome. And this chromosome did not have the mutation.

Now you may be thinking "but E. Midoriya's mom and dad have quirks"

ALTHOUGH THAT IS TRUE- My guess is that his maternal grandfather/grandmother either was quirkless or that the grandmother had the recessive gene. Passing one X chromosome with the mutation from one of Inko's parents and one without to Inko means that she would have the recessive gene, even if she did not exhibit a quirk absence.

And since we are assuming that the gender Izuku was assigned at birth aligns with the one he uses now, he has an XY chromosome composition.

Meaning that his piece of shit dad passed on the Y chromosome and Inko passed on, by chance, the recessive gene that didn't have the mutation.

Which the recessive gene that Inko has could possibly be a theory on why her telekinesis is so weak, but that could also be blamed on minimum amounts of training. BUT I DIGRESS.

If my theory was in fact true about the X chromosome holding the quirk mutation/gene, then it could be guessed that there are quite a few more cisgender males that are quirkless than females in their universe.

And the patriarchy still exists.

Though that's just a theory! A QUIRK theory!

ANYWHOSIES that's it for me today, have a good day guys, gals, and non-binary pals!