𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1 •°. *࿐

"Alright, this is it!"

Well, you finally made it. Teyvat High School. You studied the tall school gate that stood in front of you. It was a silver color, clearly worn by the weather. Past the gate, you noticed students entering the school, and immediately became giddy. After you had settled in from the move, you were excited to finally attend such a nice school, and you had planned to make the best impression possible. You took a brief second to straighten your blue uniform blazer, daydreaming about how amazing your daily life would be here. You shook yourself out of it before you got too side tracked. Taking a deep breath, you placed your hand onto the gate and pushed it ope- okay never mind.

The gate was sturdy in it's place and didn't budge an inch. That's fine, just a minor setback! Maybe you just didn't push hard enough. Well, you surely would now. Stretching your fingers for a moment, you gave the gate a hard push and.. it stayed still. Okay.  This is fine. You stood there a moment before concluding it's a pull gate! Not a push! Obviously. You placed your hands onto opposing side of the gates and tugged back with a great amount of force and miraculously...! Nothing whatsoever happened. Okay this has to be some sick joke. Did someone glue the gate together? Not possible. You tugged on the gate back and forth for what felt like an eternity until you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Um, excuse me! Hah.. The entrance is actually over here."

You released your iron grip on the gate and turned around, exceedingly embarrassed someone had been WATCHING YOU tussle with an iron gate. Before you stood a boy with golden eyes and fluffy blonde hair that was charmingly braided in the back. He more or less wore the same uniform as you, having his sleeves rolled up and tie slightly askew. However, his face read a warm, slightly teasing smile. You felt your face burn up from embarrassment. "Oh. Is that so..? Thanks..." You remarked, exhausted from brawling with the tall school barrier. You were relieved someone told you, but you wish you would have realized earlier. "Yeah, happens to the best of us. Oh, I'm Aether by the way. And you?" "y/n. Nice to meet you, Aether." Aether tapped his head a couple times. "y/n.... y/n... I haven't heard that name before, are you new?" You nodded. "Yup. today's supposed to be my first day." Aether grins. "Well why didn't you say so? Here, I'll help you get to the office to get your schedule." "Oh, really? You don't actually have to do that.. I don't want to make you late for your clas-" You began, but Aether turned around and faced you.

"Trust me, I will take any opportunity possible to skip Mr. Ragnvindr's class." You conjured up an idea of what kind of class would be so horrendous that someone so cheery like him would jump at the chance to skip. You cut your little imagination session short to follow Aether into the actual school entrance. A significantly smaller gate with a sign taped on it reading, 'Please use this entrance instead.' Seriously?

────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹────────

Following Aether into the large building, you're really able to take in your surroundings. A cool toned tile filed the ground level. It was basically a normal school but something felt satisfactory about it. Maybe it was the crisp look of fresh paint, or the spotless floor. The whole building felt clean and new. Like a paradise. Which was kind of ironic because it was a school. You took a peek at some of the posters on the hall. Anime club, track and field, light music club, culture club, hey they even have a cooking club.

Aether catches you looking at the posters and remarks, "Oh, are you interested in the clubs? We've got a lot of them at Teyvat High... even more than can fit on this corkboard."
"Huh? I was just taking a look, but yeah pretty cool!"
"Yeah, clubs are a pretty good way to make friends quickly. And if track and field catches your eye, I'm in it so that's one friend you've already got, and I might be able to convince our Club Pres. to let you in.." Aether playfully pointed finger guns at you, and you returned them with one hand. "Haha.. yeah... track and field... I'm ..... great at that. Wait did you say we were friends?" Aether's eyes widened, "Yeah? What's up?"

"OH, No, it's not a bad thing, not at all!", you waved your hands frantically and then continued, "I'm actually pretty relieved you think of us as friends already... because making friends was something I was a little worried about coming here." Aether warmly smiled at you for some time before a bell rang and echoed throughout the hallway. You felt somewhat disoriented and asked, "Wait what does that bell mean?"

"First period starts in 15 minutes, let's get going!"
You nodded and followed Aether down a few halls until you reached the principals office. "Here you go, Principal Morax's office." Aether held the door open for you to walk in and he followed. You took in your surroundings. A mahogany desk stood in front of you, with a golden name plate and assorted papers. Bookshelves lined the walls and there was a lingering scent of..... osmanthus? Aether called out, "Principal Morax! What's uuuuuuppppp????" A man with long dark hair and a crisp suit looked up at the both of you.

"Good morning, Aether. Please do not tell me you've been giving Mr. Ragnvindr a difficult time again." Oh. So Aether was the one causing problems in the class. "Wouldn't dream of it, Principal Morax!" Aether chuckled awkwardly as Principal Morax calmly adjusted the slim glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose. "And who have you brought with you today?"

"This is y/n, the new transfer student. I was bringing them around here to get their schedule." Aether patted your shoulder. Principal Morax's face softened as he looked towards you. "Well then, welcome to Teyvat High School. I sincerely hope you will enjoy your time here." You smiled awkwardly. Principal Morax rose from his chair and walked to a large file box. He dug through them for a brief moment before he extracted a file folder with your name on it and handed it to you. You opened up the folder studied the packet inside. A map of the school, your new schedule, school regulations, a calendar, and some extracurricular activities rested between your two hands. "You two should get going. The first period bell will be ringing soon." You close up the folder. "Thank you for the packet, Principal Morax." You and Aether began to leave before Principal Morax responded, "y/n, if Aether gets you into any trouble, come to me." Aether perked up, "HEY— What's THAT supposed to mean?" Principal Morax laughed for a moment, "I am only joking. You may go now." You and Aether left the principals office.

────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹────────

"Ugh... can you believe that old guy? Throwing me under the bus like that..." The blonde sighed a little bit but it didn't seem to bother him too badly. You half smiled. "So do you have a reputation as a troublemaker around here or something?"
"What— no, not at all! If anything, I'm misunderstood. Listen, is it really my fault for selling snacks during Mr. Ragnvindr's class? No!" You stared at him before snickering a little bit.

Aether tried to change the topic, "Ah, whatever. So... who did you get for first period?" You reopened the packet. "Someone by the name of.. Miss Gunnhildr."
"Oh, lucky! She's pretty nice, so you shouldn't have to worry too much. Oh. But we're not gonna be in the same class..... yknow what. You're sociable enough, you'll be fineee!" Aether put his hands on your shoulders like he was some life coach giving you a pep talk, "You go in there and be a superstar. I believe in y-"

"Aether. Thanks but I think I'm good."

"Oh. Sorry got a lil emotional there. Let me see the rest of your classes real quick." Aether skimmed your schedule and looked back up at you. "Alright, I'll pick you up at lunch! Bye, y/n!"
"By-" Aether dashed down the hall. You watched him turn the corner and then faced back to the classroom door. Wait. Did Aether just leave you here? You didn't really even know what you were gonna say once you opened the door. Well.. if you didn't go now, you'd be late to class on your first day of school. Whatever, no better time than the present. You straightened your uniform tie and put your hand onto the door handle. You pushed it open and entered the classroom.

────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹────────
(authors note: thank you for reading chapter one. im usually a little shy about sharing my own writing so I really hope you enjoyed it! please leave a comment telling me what you think! :)))
p.s. more characters will be introduced in later chapters, don't worry! )