Chapter 3: First Day

Hey everyone! Welcome back to my story. I just hope I can get some interaction for a little people that read my story :'). But I know that it needs time to get my story across you all. 

But hey! Don't worry about me. I still have a few motivations left to write a good amount of chapter of this story. 

As usual, don't forget to comment, vote and follow me if you like this story!

So, without further ado, enjoy this chapter!

=============================

Mickey's POV

First day of this semester didn't go so bad. It was so-so. I met C on breaks to tell stupid things happened in our classes. Then, we both had meeting in the same community. It's called Environmental Student Network (ESN). ESN is a community that consists of people who have concern about environment. Our activity goes around volunteering, networking, and mentorship.

"I am so excited for our coming up big clean-up project. I can't wait to refresh my complicated mind and soul by being in the beautiful nature." C said while hugging me.

"Yeah C. You're definitely excited about everything."

Am I excited for this project? Of course I am had not I been chosen as the leader of this big project. I am definitely excited to gather sponsor because this project is going to be needing a lot of money. Catch my sarcasm there? I just hope I can make some good concept to make this project interesting for potential sponsor.

"Don't worry your cute little head Mickey. You're going to nail this project. I believe in you." C said still hugging me.

"Yeah thanks C. It means a lot to me. Oh silly me! I've already overthink about the money needed for this project. I am sure as hell that this project is going to need a lot of money." I hugged her back.

"Hey, it's normal to overthink about big things, you know. Don't worry, I'll ask my dad about companies that can give us sponsor. I'm sure there are a lot of company who wants to support environmental movement."

"Yeah, I think they have special money for CSR. I just hope I can get their attention to this project." I groan and produce 999x number of sighs for the day.

"You will do good babe!"

"Thanks babe."

"Hey, Mickey. Give some speech for your upcoming project. I'm sure it will strengthen your team's spirit to make a big success of this project!" Andrew, the leader of this community, hinting me with his nod to go in front of everyone in the community to give them motivating speech.

Shit! I hate being the center of the attention. I just hate looking at people because I know they will judge me inside their head or with people besides them.

"Go go go Mickey. Lit fire inside our body!" C cheers for me. People start clapping their hands for me too.

"Fuck it. Just get over it, Mickey." I said subtly giving myself the push to give speech.

I walk up to the front and I can already feel my heartbeat going faster. I can also feel sweat starts dripping from my forehead and my body is kinda moist from it too. I just know my shirt has sweat marks around it.

"Hey everyone! Emm..I..want..I."

Fuck! Their eyes are so scary and making me nervous. I can't do this. Breathing start to feel harder and my hands are shaking right now. I look around and feel C's eyes on me and her eyes just full of love and support for me. I think I can do it if I only put my sight to C. I take a deep breath and start speaking again.

"Well, there's not much I can say for now hahaha." I only stare around C in a few of my first words, but when I feel a little calm, I start to give a strong stare that consist of motivation and belief to everyone and speak firmer just to give them a bit of fire.

"I just hope everyone can give their best to this project. And we can work as family and still keep up our professionality. Just as I believe in everyone in our team, I hope you can believe me to lead this project to its successful. I love you guys! Let's make a process together in this project and give big impact to the environment!"

People start to clap their hands at me. I unconsciously laugh a little and look at everyone. I can see admiration in their eyes and I see some spirit too. Wow! I did this. I thank god for not making me a fool in front of my team.

"Great speech Mickey!"

"Let's do this Mickey!"

"I love you too Mickey!" I just know C is the one who screams this.

"Wow, it seems you're getting them fired up for doing this project Mickey. Great speech too!" Andrew says too me and giving me pats on the back.

"Thanks Andrew. I hope I won't let you down by making me the leader of this project. I obviously need your help in this though."

"Yeah, no problem. I'll be right behind you throughout this project."

"Thanks, once again." He gives me a nod and let me go back to my spot.

"Good job babe." C hug me again.

"Thanks C. I am happy that you are my best friend." I hug her back.

"I don't know why you thank me for, but I am happy that you are my best friend too."

We stay for a while to get a view information about the project and greeting newcomers to the community too. After that, C gives me ride home.

Yeah, this is not bad for first day of the semester.

=============================

Hey, you already reach the end of this chapter!

What do you think of this chapter? Have you encountered the same condition as Mickey when you were put in the center of everyone's attention?

What would you do? Maybe you can give Mickey some suggestion to overcome his nervous when doing public speaking!

Please do leave comment, like, and follow me if you like this story. It means so much to me!❤

See you in next chapter!

Written with love,

A