Chapter 1

Hazel's POV

  One Word. Rang like bells. Augustus. His metaphorical beauty, his cancer,his death. And I'm not okay. I hate all  of it. Especially cancer. It took everything away from me. It took my lungs, my life and my love.  It is a blessing and a curse. It is sucking the life out of me just as it did Augustus.

         Cancer sucks. It's a fact. Everyday I wake up to a life where I can't breathe. Every week I go to the hospital, then return home. Mom insists that I go back to support group, but ever since Augustus died, I haven't gone back. and today is no different. I do not want to hear Patrick's cancer story while sitting in The Literal  Heart Of Jesus. I don't want to watch dying children take the elevator. I want to stay at home and be a normal teenager, BUT NO! It just had to be me with the cancer.

                                                                      Augustus's POV

        Hazel. I miss her. And now I am gone. But it feels like she is the one that left. I do not regret our love, and I am not okay. I  should have told her sooner. I should have loved her more. Iif only I knew I was going to die. But that's the thing with cancer. It is always with you. And you never know when until it happens.

                                                                      Hazel's POV

        I hear the doorbell ring and I look to see who it is. It's Isaac. I don't want to talk to him, but I let him in anyway. He asks me how I'm doing and I say okay. I don't want to say anything more so I tell him to come back later. When the door bell rang again, i didn't bother to answer. I want to be left alone. I pick up An Imperial Affliction but I put it back down. It reminds me of Augustus.

                                                                    Augustus's POV