Death

I ran outside into chaos, werewolves shifting and heading into the forest.
I didn't know where to go or what to do, panic clouding my mind.
I ventured through the crowd aimlessly until I found a staircase that looked like it went to the top of the wall.

I ran up the stairs and looked out into the trees, trying to find a way to get down the other side. If I was thinking clearly, I would have remembered there was a front gate.
Amell grabbed my arm and turned me towards him. I looked into Amell's eyes hopefully, looking for any clue.

His eyes looked sad, he shook his head as his fingers traced my cheek softly. I barely registered the sparks that erupted along my skin.

That werewolf guard was at fault, he let them go. I looked around and wondered how many were traitors. How many aided in seperating me from my children? How many aided in destroying families in their own pack?

I felt anger rise up again as I turned to Amell desperately. "I can't lose her again...I can't" I choked out as tears threatened to spill.
Amell placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me intently. His beautiful blue eyes full of promise and determination.

"I'll go get her for you, stay here"
I nodded as Amell's eyes glazed over, obviously giving orders through mind link.
The werewolves all ran back out to the forest again, this time Amell, Rebecca, David and even crazy Larry joined them. All of them looking as furious as the other, wanting revenge against the hunters.

Natalie appeared next to me and we watched werewolves shift and run into the forest.
"We will make them pay" I declared.
Amell must have heard me as his large intimidating wolf stopped and locked eyes with me. I may not be able to mind link but in that moment, we shared a connection.
Amell nodded slightly, turned and disappeared among the trees.

................................................................

It has probably only been an hour, but it felt like so much longer.
Natalie and I sat together in the kitchen, Cheryl was still in the war room.

I knew the only reason David left was because he could interrogate the humans for his own child. I felt helpless and useless, for the first time I started to question my role as an alpha's mate.

Screams could be heard from the distance. We barely had enough time to react until wolves burst into the room. Cheryl bounced into the room, her brown wolf a force to be reckoned with.
But she was no match for multiple wolves. She quickly submitted knowing that she would lose.

Natalie raised her hands to use her magic, but Mrs Smith blocked her. Fear crossed her face as she lowered her hands, slid down the wall and hugged herself. Mrs Smith looked at me with disgust and hatred for the first time and I felt the betrayal cut me deep.

Behind her Alpha Todd entered the kitchen. Once again he reminded me of a sinister version of Mr Bean and it terrified me.

"I was hoping that you would be one of those stupid girls that would chase after the humans. But never mind, I found it quite easy to get through Amell's warriors". Alpha Todd evilly grinned at Mrs Smith next to him who returned an evil look back.

"You're the reason that so many traitors managed to stay in the pack undetected" I was shocked at the venom in my own voice as I accused Mrs Smith. Her smug look only confirmed my accusation.

Alpha Todd grabbed a fistfull of my hair and dragged me outside.
Cheryl was forced to shift back into a human by Mrs Smith and forced to follow us.

Natalie was grabbed by another werewolf and was shoved towards us.
Alpha Todd led the way with a fistfull of my hair. I worried that he was going to rip my skull out, tears springing to my eyes from the pain as he roughly yanked me forward.

Without letting go we stopped out in the court yard where we could see the large wall looming over us.
Alpha Todd turned to Cheryl, his voice was like nails against a chalk board when he spoke.
"Tell your King to return to save his true love"

"No, Cheryl, don't" I pleaded but Alpha Todd yanked my hair again causing me to yelp from the pain.

"I have your children. I'll return them to you unharmed" Alpha Todd promised.
Anger spread through me me again at the stupid dog using MY pack members to kill my Amell.

A single tear fell down Cheryl's cheeks as she mouthed a 'I'm sorry', before her eyes glazed over.

"No" I cried. Fear, anger and trepidation caused through me as I did my best not to openly sob.

"Get ready my dear" Alpha Todd said to Mrs Smith, "they'll be here soon".
We didn't have to wait long before the royals wolves entered the courtyard.

Mrs Smith held out her hands and used her magic to make the wolves shift. Amell and his warriors couldn't move, and that's when I realised.
He couldn't save me.

Alpha Todd extended his arm up and I watched with horror as his fingers grew claws. My chest started heaving and I closed my eyes, waiting for my life to end at his hands.

"You are digging your own grave" I heard Natalie warn before she screamed. I opened my eyes to see Mrs Smith using her magic to hurt Natalie.
My eyes travelled up to Mrs Smith and I don't know what she saw, but she faultered for a moment.

But before I could say anything, Alpha Todd used his claws to rip my throat out. My throat and chest instantly felt a wet substance as my hands instinctively tried to cover the huge hole now in my throat.

The world seemed to move under me and as I fell, a darkness overtook me. I think I died.