002

third person pov

it was nine in the morning. morty had woken up and looked over at the sleeping girl on his shoulder. he smiled and let out a breath. she groaned and started to move, he got up and laid her down comfortably. he then went into the kitchen, only to be met with rick. "oh-oh hi rick" "nice shirt. you look like you belong in 2016." mortys expression quickly changed and he rolled his eyes. "y/n and i have matching ones. and for your information, she thinks they're cool." "real cool morty, you look like a walking minecraft ad." with another huff, morty opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. "thanks rick, really wowing me with all the support here."

rick just mumbled something again before walking into the dining room and then up to his room. y/n walked in and smirked at morty "man he really has a mumbling problem." morty nervously laughed and nodded in agreement. "he's just.. complicated." "maybe. or maybe he's just a dick." the two shared a laugh and walked up to morty's room. morty gave y/n a shirt and a pair of her extra jeans and she went into the bathroom to change. her black skinny jeans paired nicely with the simple shirt morty had lent her. she smiled and brushed her hair before going back downstairs. beth left a note on the dining room table that she would be out again all day and night, jerry was god knows where and summer had off work.

as summer walked in and read the note over y/ns shoulder, she smirked with an idea coming to mind. "i am so throwing a major rager tonight." she said with confidence. "are you sure that's a good idea?" y/n asked. summer shrugged and walked towards the garage, y/n following closely behind with curiosity. as the two walked into the garage, rick was sitting at his work bench and morty was beside him watching his every move. "out, now." rick said before he turned around. both rick and morty both looked at the two who had just come in and summer rolled her eyes. "okay ass eaters, i'm throwing a party tonight. morty since y/n is your only friend and she basically lives here, she is obviously welcome to stay-" she looked at y/n and back to morty, "though i doubt she will." rick snarkily laughed and y/n gave a confused look. 

"why wouldnt i stay?" she asked curiously. summer shrugged "you aren't a party person." y/n looked at rick who was smirking. "i don't know what you mean. i love parties!" she said, clearly lying. morty shot her a sympathetic look and she smiled with false confidence. "i'm staying." she said sternly. "glad you're finally ready to let loose." summer stated before turning to rick, "as i was saying, grandpa you can invite whoever. i don't care as long as you don't fuck up the house too bad. and if you do you just have to help clean up." he laughed and stood up, cracking his knuckles. "sounds like a plan. now leave, morty and i have important business." summer rolled her eyes and left the room, y/n stayed.

"that means you too miss." rick said, walking up to her. she looked up at him nervously and swallowed the knot in her throat. "what important business? because morty and i had plans today. right morty?" he looked between the two and opened his mouth to speak but rick cut him off, "nothing you had planned is more important than this." she rolled her eyes, "i doubt that." he raised half of his unibrow, "wanna bet?"

she smirked "sure." before she could say another word, he was dragging her by the arm to the ufo. he then motioned for morty to get in. he pushed y/n into the back seat and then got in himself. she found the seatbelt and put it on, confusion was lacing her brain as she realized what was happening. rick pulled out and then they lifted off the ground. y/n made noises of excitement as she looked out the window. the earth became a tiny dot as they made their way through space. "wow.." y/n muttered to herself. she looked up and her eyes met with ricks in the rear view mirror. her eyes were as wide as planets and he smirked. she was drawn to the passing stars and morty turned to look at her. 

her eyes stayed glued to the universe around her. he smiled and rick rolled his eyes. "so what was more important than this?" he said snarkily. she didn't reply. she was too focused on everything around her. all of her senses were shifting and she was experiencing something she never thought could happen. morty turned around and looked at rick. "she's not paying any attention to us.. is sh..she?" rick rolled his eyes once again. "stop trying to get your dick wet and let the girl experience this."

morty shot him a disgusted look, "i thought you h..hated her?" he shrugged "shut the fuck up morty." y/n had no idea they were even speaking, for she was too happy to even dare speak. soon, rick decided to land on another planet. as he did, morty and y/n got out. rick stretched and the two watched y/n drool at her surroundings. the planet was pink and red. it reminded her of valentines day. 

it was safe to say she was in awe. rick smirked and morty smiled at her. "where are we?" she asked as she looked up at rick. he shrugged, "why? you plan on coming back?" she rolled her eyes "yeah and ill bring a hot date too." he grabbed her arm and mortys and dragged the two teens down a trail. they were then at someones house it seemed. rick knocked and when the door opened, they were met with a little orange cat. "rick? whats up buddy? its been so squanchin' long!" "im throwing a party tonight on earth. you down?" the cat thing nodded excitedly and y/n was full of confusion.

"squanchy, meet morty." y/n furrowed her eyebrows and threw her hands up. rick rubbed the sides of his nose, "and y/n." "nice to squanch you." y/n smiled and shook his hand. "wow she's polite huh rick." he laughed and rick sighed. "yeah, lets go now." morty said, clearly uncomfortable with the banter being made about his friend. rick laughed as he turned to walk back to the ship, y/n happily following like a lost dog. morty was jealous to say the least, mostly because he wasn't y/ns only source of attention now. 

"this is so cool rick, like probably the most wild shit i've ever seen." he looked down at her and realized her eyes were still wandering, trying to take in the wonders before her. "you're in for a real treat tonight then." he said to her. her eyes widened as she looked up at him, his eyes now glued to the ufo. morty was trailing behind and he was clearly upset. when they got in the ufo, morty sat in the back. every so often, y/n would steal glances at rick, trying to read him in anyway she could. both rick and morty noticed. one angry about the looks, one feeling gratification. soon, they were on their way to the next planet to invite the next of ricks wild group of friends. for hours this was all they did. y/n feeling more amazed with each sight that was laid out in front of her. 

she felt so grateful towards rick, for him bringing her along made her excited in so many ways. she was simply amazed by it all. rick had never been able to impress someone this much in such a short amount of time. as y/n tried to grasp some sort of story about rick, he did the same for her. for he knew she was smart, he knew she would figure the secret out, he was just unsure of when. she was completely clueless of what he was thinking, he knew nothing of what she was thinking either. it confused and astounded the both of them, making it even worse for morty.