CHAPTER-35

I winced when the cold water from the shower touched her body. I had countless bruises all over her body. I gritted my teeth together as scrubbed my body with the soap. It hurt. It hurt so much i wanted to cry. My body was screaming at me to stop but all i wanted was to get rid of his touch, it disgusted me . I almost poured all the liquid soap from the bottle and began scrubbing my body. Each part of it.

My hands.
My shoulders.
My neck.
My over all muscle

Everywhere my hand could reach, i scrubbed it all. I cursed my life, i cursed for being an orphan and helpless , i cursed me like acrap. I cursed her bullies from her old school that made her so infirm. I cursed for working at the Knights. If only i would have looked for a better job... I would not have to work for Knights. It was my biggest mistake,not too not lose my father too.my eyes began to tear up and my movements slowed down. A loud sob escaped from my mouth and i felt as if i would fall anytime if my hand was not gripping on something. The water was still running on muffling the sound of my loud sobs.

I turned around to face the opposite side of the shower and involuntarily my back rested on the wall behind her. The soap was washed away from her body as i glided down and her bottom touched the cold-hard floor. Why was that happening to me? I wanted to escape! I wanted to run away. But, there was no escape, i knew it.After i came out of the bathroom, i got dressed and sat on my bed. I ooked at my bedside and saw my wedding dress parcel on the floor.my hands clenched tightly onto the bedsheet. Was it fear she felt? Or was it the anger? The emotions were so intense i could not comprehend.

With the shaky legs, i got up from the bed and walked towards my belongings. All of my clothes were somehow tugged inside the bag, my small pouch was lying beside it on the floor. I picked up my pouch and found it open, but what surprised was a decent amount of cash sticking out of the half-opened zipline of the pouch. I frowned. I did not remember putting an amount this big in mypouch. I opened the zipline and was beyond shocked. I counted it after pulling out the money.

$5000.

I did not earn this much. Why would the cafe manager give to an early salary which was double the normal amount?I took the pouch with me and went downstairs. I noticed the golden walls as i walked down the staircase, all of the furniture was shining bright for pre ceremony of my wedding i chuckled my own fate . Although she would hate to be go without letting anyone, but i could not imagine spending my life with him ever with the obstincy love I bit my bottom lip to suppress the sob begging to leave my mouth.the sob begging to leave her mouth. She had to be stronger than this. She could not just let him take her away! But what would stop him?

I don't want to go front so i set of stairs leading downstairs. But they're on the other side. I'd have to sneak by without being noticed. I hide behind the door of the bathroom, waiting for someone to pass by so I can hide behind them and make a run for it. A few minutes later, a maid passes by, carrying a tray of drinks.It's now or never.I take a deep breath as I feel the adrenaline rush through my veins. Worst case scenario, I get caught and i shots up this entire place.Glancing over at louis through the door crack, he's talking to someone on his phone, pulsating with rage as he grips the phone tightly in his hand.I swallow and tip toe to the other side of the lawn and stand next to the stairs.

I DID IT. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FREE.

Not wasting another minute, nor giving another glance, I run down the stairs then spin my head looking for the door. Ah, there it is.I feel alive again. I finally have my life back. I keep tripping over because of how fast I'm walking in these heels. I don't even know where I am, the drive was so long. Louis's house was always so secluded and cross my I love every one of them except him.I'm now stood in front of the coffee shop and I'm freezing. The street is very empty, there's not a sound to be heard.It's been over 45 minutes and I don't know where Liam is. Is he stuck in traffic? I'm really scared being here alone, at night. Anything can happen to me.But yet, I don't mind. At least I have my freedom back and I won't take it for granted. At least I'm not going to marry a business slash Mafia leader forcefully. I think I can handle waiting in the cold.

A few minutes later, the unmistakable sound of a car engine disturbs the vacant silence, then the light of the car headlights comes in sight. I stare at the car coming my way wide eyed, bursting with happiness.The car pulls up next to me and the driver's window rolls down, revealing a middle age man... where you want to ma'am? Anywhere but not here , I ll give you a money , please start the car first i said to him , he just nodded Thank you God.As I open my eyes, I'm leaned on the car window as trees pass me. I rub my eyes and sit up, looking at the man who's still driving.

"Sir , where are we going? To your house?" I ask, because this isn't the way but it's similar He's probably taking me to the new route,He doesn't reply but keeps his eyes sternly on the road, slighty squinting them."Sir ? Where are you going?" I ask, looking at the road and then back at him."You can know ma'am." He replies in a dry tone.He keeps driving while I just stare blankly. It's hard to distinguish anything because of the darkness that envelops the road.Eventually, I'm able to see lights as we approach what looks like a mansion? His mansion , knight mansion .i black out suddenly.

AUTHOR POV ;
Her bruised bottom lip quivered in both pain and the cold atmosphere. She wasn't wearing any warm clothes nor did she bring any warm clothes with her. It was not cold outside but in the place she was in. She was wearing the same red top.

She was sitting on the cold hard floor of the darkened room. Her bare half bottom was feeling the coldness of the floor which made her shiver even more. She scrunched her eyes and tried to figure out where she was. But there was little or no light in the whole room. Her heart was beating fast as if the thudding of her pounding heart could be heard by anyone if they were with her. Unfortunately, there wasn't a single soul there.She was never a people person, her shy, introverted and timorous nature had always been a hindrance in any communication she wanted to initiate. At that moment, she loathed being alone in the darkness, and it made her crave some amity and fellowship.

She swallowed her fear and strain and placed her palms on the floor, putting a little pressure on them. She lowered her body more so that she could put more pressure on her hand to get up. Her body felt weak and bruised. But it was too dark to see her sore and wounded flesh. She finally stood up with all of her effort and energy but she immediately began to feel lightheaded. Her heart pounding hard on her chest as if she had run a hundred miles.What's happening?

She bravely stepped forward and hoped that she would find a door or a window so that she could at least get a little light to see her surroundings. The darkness was viciously suffocating her.It is not a surprise if the majority of the people despise darkness. It is indeed a powerful weapon as it can control anyone and anywhere. It is a loophole, a loophole of pure black vision and low ringing sound as the hearing. It swallows up people and carries them with it, deep somewhere away from the universe.And there she was standing in all tenebrosity, in half of her clothes which only included her red top and white panty. But, that was not what she was worried about. She had to get out of there.

Her fragile hands were floating in the air as she took little careful steps towards nowhere. She moved her fingers involuntarily slowly side to side to sense something in her hand, and so that she could get a hint where she was. She stopped abruptly when her hand touched a door. She wanted to cry out in victory. She connected her spy hands to everywhere on the old wooden sloppy door.

Anna's hand trailed down till she found the knob of the door. Her hand gripped it tightly and she took a sharp deep breath and turned the knob on the right side.

It was locked.

She turned it on the left side and it was locked. All of her hopes were shattered right there and she did noteven know when she began to bang on the door like lunatic. Her palm were getting red from the banging and her mouth began to feel dry. Her shrieking scream and yells for help would have warned the entire area where she was. She continued it for the whole ten minutes when the door finally opened revealing a tall muscular figure. A little light pierced through the ajar door making her eyelids squinched against one another. Her hands immediately covered the sudden burning sensation in her eyes. She was relieved that the room was not dark anymore, but it was gone when the silhouette figure spoke up.

"Now, now, baby girl" . I wouldn't like you to dry your throat from screaming unless it is me who  making you scream."