Like a Pen

You know what's better than a daydream? A real dream.
Although sleepless, insomniac nights don't really help of that case, just staring in a corner of a room and.. seeing things in the corner of my eye that I question if it's a hallucination..

Ehem-

I fall asleep around morning hours, and my imagination finally opens its doors.
Most times, my dreams rather boring or uninteresting-- but sometimes I'm lucky, and I get a dream that I remember for weeks. Although, I write them down, so I could reread them if I forgot, anyways.

Here's one.
I called it-

..

I forgot.

Well, it went like this.

A girl had long, healthy, shiny and straight beautiful black hair, a fine body, tall height and porcelain pale skin, but a covered face. She had a mask that covered her entire face.

She hated her face. She hated herself.
She always cried and self loathed, and called herself an imposter.

Her mask grew thicker, the more she cried and screamed.
Her breath grew shorter, and she grew weaker and weaker as a person.

She then balled up, and appeared at a shore of a beach.
The beach was littered, and the skies were grey and filled with smoke.
Trash was in every single corner of the beach.

When she appeared here, her face brightened, but instantly turned back to a worse gloom before. She started to cry, and slowly kneeled down to cry into her knees.

The mask was even thicker.
It kept growing simultaneously, thicker and thicker.

But then it cracked. A piece fell, and her eye is revealed.
Through that eye, she looked up and saw a beautiful beach with a warm breeze.

She looked around.

No trash. No pollution. No smoke, or dirty waters or sand.

She lifted her head and stared for a moment, and touched her mask and had carried so much weight onto her head.

This mask had made her pessimistic, negative, a defeatist-
It made her see the world at its worst.

It made her see herself as the worst.

She took the mask off, and so she saw the rest of the beach with her other eye.
The weight was gone.
She saw it disappear in her hand, and she noticed something different.
Her hand wasn't pale.
She then looked at herself, all around.
She had moles and freckles, darker skin.
She wasn't as tall as before, and she was a little pudgy in her stomach.

She didn't feel like an imposter anymore.
She felt comfortable.
She felt like herself.

But there was one thing.
Her hair.
She hated her hair.

And so, she slightly frantically looked around for something sharp.
Anything.
She took a large shell and broke it to make a sharp edge, and then immediately grabbed all of her hair by the ends and chopped it of instantly, in one go.
It became a very short, fluffy bob cut.

It also somehow turned out perfect..

And then, her hair turned white.

Although she'll never know what her new face looked like, she finally loved herself. She'd already imagined what her face might look like. What she wanted.

She then jumped in the ocean and swam deep into the waters with a smile on her face, and the dream ended.

Ah, I just remembered.

It was called "Like a pen".

The dream happened so fast, but it's the best recent one I've had so far, of all the others.

Oh well.