Distracted

"All right, one more time, first chorus," our dance instructor, Park Baehoon calls out as the pre-chorus of Bang Bang Bang begins to play from the speakers in the dance studio. Haejoon, Daniel, Taylor and I take our positions, facing the large mirror on the wall of the dance studio.

Today's our first dance lesson as a group. We'd told Mr. Park that we'd agreed on using Bang Bang Bang as our group choreography for the evaluation in about two weeks, so he'd started teaching the four of us the moves.

"Jackson, you're looking quite natural," Mr. Park calls out as we wrap up the chorus.

"Thank you, sir." Taylor smirks, catching his breath. "This was the song I used for my audition, so-"

Mr. Park raises his hand to stop Taylor. "I didn't mean you. I meant your brother." He points towards me. Taylor scowls at me, and if looks could kill, I'd be lying on the wooden floor, dead. I bow and thank Mr. Park.

"You, on the other hand, need to work on your details, Taylor Jackson." Mr. Park lifts his left arm to imitate what Taylor had done in the chorus. "Choreography is all about the details, and you were doing this when you should've done this. The evaluators will be looking at every single detail, and they'll notice that. Don't be overconfident, Jackson."

"From the top, everyone," Mr. Park instructs. As we get into our positions for the intro, Taylor stares daggers into the back of my head.

We run through the song up to the first chorus a few times, before Mr. Park moves on with the rest of the song. This part of the song is new to me, since Lisa only taught me the choreography up till the first chorus, but I manage to pick it up pretty quickly since I've already gotten to general idea of the mood of the song, and thanks to Lisa, I've begun to get a pretty good grasp on a lot of moves. I guess Daniel was right; I really am lucky to have one of the best dancers in the industry as my mentor.

After the dance lesson, Daniel approaches me as Mr. Park leaves the room.

"Man, you should've seen the look on Taylor's face," he says to me in a hushed tone, sounding as if stifling laughter. "It was priceless."

"I know, I saw it." I smile slightly. "He looked like he was about to murder me. Though it's probably not the first time he's wanted to..."

Daniel chuckles. "Hey, you wanna come practice with me? We have a little free time before training; I think our mentors have some photoshoot or something. I was planning on catching up on some extra practice. Wanna join me?"

"Sorry, mate. I promised to meet someone in the cafeteria." Daniel nods in understanding and bumps my fist before leaving the dance studio. I'm pretty impressed at how easily Daniel had opened up to me. It's hard to believe that this was the same timid boy who I'd approached in the dorm only a few days ago.

I head over to the cafeteria downstairs. Rosie had agreed last night to meet at the cafeteria after the dance lesson. It's still hard to believe that I'd met her again after all these years. Part of me regrets forgetting about her back then, and the promise that we made to each other. At least part of the promise has been fulfilled - we'd managed to meet again after about ten years.

The cafeteria is a pretty decent looking one, with a white tiled floor with black diamonds in the corners of the tiles. The white tables are arranged pretty sparsely, with the smallest one seating four people, and some probably being able to seat an entire group of people. Probably for groups of trainees or groups like Treasure. The sound of I Am The Best by 2NE1 can faintly be heard playing from the speakers in the cafeteria, along with the low chatter of trainees and staff in the cafeteria. A group of six boys sits at one of the larger tables, one of which I recognise as Bobby from iKON.