six.

Nine months pass. I watched from far away as Riley sat cross-legged on one of the benches, looking up at the blue sky, and breathing in the fresh air from the trees surrounding the park. Waiting for me.

A child was running around, and Riley was just looking at her with a smile plastered on her face. The small girl was running around with her mother chasing after her meanwhile her father slumped on a bench, taking photos and videos of them.

She didn't notice a boy walk up to her until he handed her a massive ball of cotton candy, which she gladly accepted. "Awn, thank you. What's your name?" I hear her say.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers..." he replied biting his finger.

She laughed at his response and zipped her mouth. I also laugh softly at the both of them, watching from afar.

The boy waved at her before running away to his mom. Riley waved back too.

Riley stared confusedly at the blue cotton candy. She was about to take a bite when she saw me walking towards her. She slightly lowered the cotton candy she was holding and looked up to see my face.

I smile at her with my hands inside my pockets.

I couldn't say anything. I was so lost in her hazel eyes changing colors in the sunlight. Her eyes had always been my favorite. I could see the whole world in them...

"It's nice to see you again." Riley says, breaking our stare. 

"It was nice of you to actually show up,"

I was calm outside but terribly trembling inside. Nine months during when we just texted. Now, she's in front of me. One thing's for sure — I have never felt uneasiness whenever I'm with Riley. Being with her is different. 

She's calming. She makes me forget everything else. 

She looks at the cotton candy, "Did you ask the boy to give me this?" She asks, lifting it up. I nod.

"So, do you forgive me for everything?"

"With cotton candy? Nah."

I stare at her, not blinking. "Oh."  I stutter, crestfallen, the red roses behind my back nearly falling out of my hands.

She steps towards me, then she punches me in the chest, knocking the wind out of me. "Dumbass." She says, tears welling in the corner of her eyes. "Can't even take a joke. Asshole."

I smile suddenly, embracing the return of her true nature. I smile even while she continues calling me obscene names and punching me.

"I've always loved you, even since we were seven," she says, looking into my eyes. "When you were someone no one cared about."

I fake offence and she rolls her eyes, smiling widely.

"I've always seen the best in you. Savannah was just a little flaw in your plan." She grimaces, but regains her warm smile. "Of course I forgive you. I just hope you haven't run out of a little love."

"That," I say, holding out the roses. "Will never happen. Not as long as I'm here with you."

She takes them, turning as red as the roses. "You know how to be flattering don't you?"

"One of my best qualities." I laugh and she joins in.

That was the moment I realised I love everything about her. Her laugh is the best thing I have ever heard. I love the way I can't keep my focus around her, and I love each freckle on her face. 

I absentmindedly put my hand over hers as we sit on the bench. "I'm sorry for taking you for granted. When I look at you, I see the best in me. There's no reason why I wouldn't want to be with you."

"Oh, shut up."

"You're not replacing Savannah. I don't think anyone can replace her." After all this time, I thought the fact that I still cared about Savannah as lowly pathetic. I did not love her anymore, but I still cared.

"I'm not using you to jump back up. You're completing the void in my heart Savannah left behind."

"Oh, and please don't talk in poetry, I hate that."

I smile, zipping my mouth.

"Never mind, I actually like it. Continue."

I laugh, genuinely, for the first time in so long. "Okay."

She smiles at me and I smile back, knowing that this was the love I was looking for all along.