Prologue

Hey, my name is Serena Martin and I am 18 years old. I'm so glad I have received a fresh a start in my life in the big apple because of a job offer accepted by my mom here in New York. She's a fashion designer so I guess you could I was always on trend and fashionable in my own way of course. Anyways, everything is new for me really. New town, new house, new life, new people, new school, and new me. Ever since I moved here, I changed my hair color from to brown to blue and overall developed a new outlook on life. I just had a bad breakup before I moved but it made me stronger, independent, and more confident.

His name was Ethan Senegal and although I was severely heart broken, I didn't let it break me or effect me. I remember when we met in school library. I have a passion for reading books and of course had my face stuck in a big fat book called Pride and Prejudice. This book was my favorite classic literature book and I loved the plot very much. He came up to me and told me he shared the same interest in the book. My eyes lighted up as soon as he said he liked it too because everybody made fun of me for liking boring books and classic literature. But at that moment, I thought I had found my soul mate. our relationship escalated quickly and before I knew it we were dating. I thought he loved but he obviously didn't. I am so done with boys. Lets just say I am no longer a believer of love at first sight.

Another reason we moved here is because I also received a once in a life time scholarship to finish my senior year at Stuyvesant High School. I was ecstatic when I realized how extraordinary this opportunity was for me and how many doors it would open up for me. I remember I applied in junior year even though I knew it was impossible to go to a school in New York when you lived in California but I applied anyway because it was my dream school. I always loved the idea of living in the city in a tall skyscraper towering all the people and ground. Although there was positivity to my moving to New York, there was also at the same time negativity. Moving to New York meant I had to leave my best friend/sister Beth Coleman behind. we were so sad we had to be separated but our hearts will always be connected. Beth and I have been friends since kindergarten and almost inseparable since until of course now. Of course we Skype now and then and she promised to visit in the summer, it just doesn't beat seeing her everyday in school and hanging out with her with not a worry in the world. I remember I would always go to her when I was feeling blue because her smile could brighten up anyone's day. She always knew how to make me laugh and smile.

I remember when I caught Ethan, I went straight to Beth's and she was already waiting with two tubs of ice cream, spoons, blankets, and of course sappy love chick flicks and popcorn. We would yell at the screen and throw popcorn every time they kissed. We would scream stuff like,"its not true love!" Or "he's pretending while he's actually cheating on you!!" Either way she comforted me and our everlasting friendship was filled with some pretty memorable, embarrassing, and overall fun moments. I will never forget her and most of all pick a boy over her because she's my bae lol.

Next up about my suckish life is the death of my father. I have no siblings and it sucks but I always considered Beth a sister so no loss really. I was six years old when it happened. I remember my dad being a heavy and addictive smoker. Eventually my mom and dad found out he had stage 3 lung cancer and it was highly dangerous. They tried to remove the tumor from his lungs but it backfired and it became bigger and spread out. He soon became so sick he had to hospitalized. My mom tried to avoid me seeing him but I did and it made me so sad and it made tears spill out of my eyes. My dad loved me and I loved him but he never hesitated to do everything for me and spend every second of his life with me. I was his little girl and we loved each other. One day we were sitting next to my dad in the hospital exam room and the heart monitor started beeping and my dad slowly started fading away from earth. I was holding his hand. My small one in his large one. He squeezed my hand as he took his last breath and whispered,"I love you both," and he slowly closed his eyes. I loved him but I knew God had saved a special place for my angel of a dad. I knew he was in a better place. Ever since I've hated cigarettes and people who smoke. I couldn't stand it because I felt like they were just throwing their years away like my dad.

Anyways, enough of these depressing stories. I also want to tell you that I love to sing. I have a passion to sing as well because well, singing is life to me. I can basically express my feelings and inner thoughts in to a symphony. I love many rappers,singers, and bands. Personally, I love the bands Paramore and five seconds of summer. I also love the rappers drake and Nicki Minaj. I love Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko. Another favorite of mine is PARTY NEXT DOOR and Tinashe. I love music with all my heart and if I had the chance to make it big time, I would. Anyway, in the following chapters I will tell you all about my life as soon as I moved. You wouldn't believe all the unexpected,twisted craziness that happened to me in the years I will soon never ever forget.